Chapter 5

"I can't believe I have to share a room now." Dwayne low key pouted while pulling the covers from the corner of his bed.

"Oh come on," I said when I began to lay down on my bed, "I can't be that bad."

"Well, you can be annoying at times." Dwayne admitted.

"Okay," I shrugged. "Seems fair."

Dwayne got in his bed and yawned. He turned off the lights and said, "Goodnight."

After ten seconds of silence, I whispered, "Dwayne."

"What?" Dwayne loudly whispered.

"Am I your favorite brother?"

"I really don't know yet."
~~~
The next morning, I woke up early around 7 am. Everyone was probably still sleep. I slowly and carefully got out of bed trying not to wake Dwayne up.

I quietly opened our bedroom door and peeked out. Just as I thought, everyone was still sleep. I stepped out the bedroom and closed the door slowly.

I found the door to the attic and opened it. I went up the dusty wooden stairs and looked for the small navy door. It was still there near the back corner. I walked towards it and explored it.

I tried to hear more muffling noises, but I heard nothing. Then suddenly I heard a scratch. I quickly looked back at the door, the noise wasn't coming from the door. I felt a little scared as the scratching noise came closer and I could hear it from behind me.

I slowly turned around and jumped. But it was just our cat, Figaro, scratching the wall under the attic window. I sighed of relief. I took Figaro in my arms and headed back to the second floor.