Chapter 8

A day later, my mom gave birth to a baby girl. We couldn't figure out a name for her yet, but it'll probably come to us later.

After we got back home, me and my brothers decided to go back up to the attic to see that door again. I tried to open it again but it was still locked. "Is there like a key to this thing or something?" I asked.

"Likely yes." Dwayne responded.

"Where could the key be?" We all of a sudden heard a grunting noise. We turned to see J.D. lifting a piece of wooden tile and held up something that looked like rusty-gold.

"The key!" Me and Dwayne yelled excitedly.

"Good eyes." Dwayne said to J.D. who smiled with delight. I carefully placed the key into the keyhole. I turned it and twisted the doorknob. It opened and showed a very blinding bright light.

All three of us held each other's hands and walked slowly into the light.
~~~~~~~
As we all opened our eyes, we found ourselves in the middle of a living room with a really nice fireplace that was burning a really bright fire.

"Where are we?" J.D. asked.

"I don't know." I said while approaching a wall covered with picture frames. One picture had a man and woman in front of a house, another had the same people and background but with a little girl and a boy that looked twice her age. "I think we're in some family's house.

Then we heard someone walking downstairs. "Hide!" Dwayne loudly whispered while we all hustled a place to hide.

A woman slowly walked downstairs. As she reached downstairs, she grabbed a piece of paper from a small table next to the staircase and went into the kitchen.

All three of us looked at each other in confusion. Who is the lady and what country or state are we in?