Tamaki x Haruhi: You Were Mine

This is literally the only country song I'll tolerate

After the two Suoh children are put to bed, Tamaki sits down with Haruhi in the dining room, their faces bear a serious expression.

"Haruhi, I'm sorry." Tamaki mutters, folding his hands over the dark oak table. Haruhi only nods, not willing to speak to him, fearful that she'll break down crying. "You can keep the house. And I'll send money for the kids. You have a job, too, so you'll be well off." She nods again. "We'll keep in touch, right, Haruhi?"

Before she can answer, the two hear a car honk from outside the home. Tamaki gathers his two suitcases and leaves without another word. Haruhi stares after him from the window in the kitchen, watching him ride away in the red convertible of the woman who stole his heart.

Needless to say, she doesn't get much sleep that night.

That morning, the two toddlers wake up and attack Haruhi with questions about where their daddy is. All she can do is tell them "He'll be back" and send them off to daycare. She calls off work and instead stays home to let out her feelings.

Month by month, Haruhi waits at that window in the kitchen, hoping it was all some sick joke.

But he never returned.