Hikaru x Kaoru: Shall We Dance?

-Kaoru-

"Shall we dance?"

The moon shines brightly above us, stars just barely visible in the black abyss of the sky. Hikaru bows before me, wearing a perfectly tailored black suit and deep blue tie. I take his outstretched hand and he stands straight, holding it tightly and putting his free hand on my waist.

Once he takes his first step, the music begins. It's as soft as the wind that gently blows around us, just merely brushing our skin. For awhile, I keep my eyes glued to the sparkling glass floor, staring at the stars beneath our feet. Then he stops, waiting for me to look up.

And so I do. He smiles and we dance again. We dance and dance until a bright light appears behind us. We both stop and turn to see what's going on.

A woman in a beautiful glowing white dress descends to the glass floor from the starry sky. Hikaru's eyes sparkle and he lets go of me, stepping towards the woman. She smiles.

That woman is Haruhi.

Suddenly, I'm falling. I was pushed off the glass platform and now I'm falling...

       ...falling...

                   ...falling...

My eyes open quickly and Hikaru groans from his spot in bed beside me. A quick look around reminds me that I'm in our room. Not falling through space.

Hikaru sits up, rubbing his eyes. "Kaoru, what's your deal? Did you have another nightmare?" I shake my head and he rolls his eyes. "Come here," he says, putting his arms out and trapping me in a warm embrace. I melt onto his chest.

I start to doze off again when Hikaru's phone goes off. My heartbeat quickens at the realisation of who's ringtone it is.

He picks up. "Hey, Haruhi."

I push out of his arms and sleepily make my way to the dressing room, leaving him alone to talk to her.

Hikaru enters not long later, immediately turning his back to me and stripping off his pyjamas. I blush ever so slightly, feeling my pants tighten. I'm glad his back is turned.

"We're going to the park," he yawns. "Wanna come?"

I shake my head. "No. Have fun."

"Do you have other plans?" He asks, pulling on a blueish shirt.

"Yeah. I'm going to that little café with a friend," I lie. To be honest, I just really don't want to be around he and Haruhi when they're together.

"A friend?" Hikaru turns to me and I turn away. "Who?"

"Shizuka. She's one of our guests in the club."

"M'Kay." He steps close to me and grabs the hem of my shirt. "Do you need help getting dressed, Kaoru?"

I shake my head. Despite my small protest, he lifts my shirt over my head and just drops it on the ground. As he's choosing my outfit from the shelves and shelves of clothing, I smile. I think it's cute how focused he gets on simple tasks.

Hikaru tosses my outfit at me then leaves the dressing room with a little closed-eye smile.

After getting dressed, I call Shizuka to tell her I'll be meeting her at the Sakura Kiss café. I put my phone in my pocket and I head out.

---

Once I'm dropped off at the café, I see her sitting at a table by one of the really big windows. Shizuka looks up from her book and nods, just barely acknowledging me.