Hikaru x Kaoru: Sorry For The Long Wait

You say you want to be invisible, but is that really what you want? Do you really not want him to notice you? Do you really want to follow him around without him giving you a second look?

Or do you want him to see you, to kiss, hold, and touch you?

That's what I want. But instead, I'm invisible to him and pretty much everyone around me.

So I wonder what would happen if I just...

Disappeared.

Hikaru leaves the room, probably going to use the restroom. I look over and stare at the balcony. It's pretty high.

Innocently, I walk over and stand on the hard stone platform. I lean on the fence-thing(whatever it's called) and glance down to the ground.

Now's my chance. I heave myself up onto the fence-thing and stand straight. I turn and put my arms out to fall backwards, but just as I let myself go, Hikaru re-enters the room.

Complete and utter terror fills his eyes as well as tears from shock. "Kaoru, no!"

Just by luck, I manage to hook my foot on the fence-thing of the balcony so I hang from it upside down. Hikaru rushes over and helps me up.

As we're sitting on the cold stone floor, Hikaru puts his hands on my shoulders and shakes me vigorously. "What the hell is your deal?!"

I stare at the ground, silent. He pulls me close to his chest and cries softly. "Kaoru.. Why?"

"I..," I whisper, voice hoarse. "I didn't think it'd matter."

"You're an idiot!"

And somehow, with those words, I felt a little better. However, it's his next words that completely pull me out of my funk.

"Kaoru, I love you."