Chapter Twelve: Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

During the last 10 minutes of the game when it was obvious that we would have won, I got up and left to go to the lockers so I could meet Sam as he came in. I decided that to avoid all the people I would go the back way, through the school. As I was walking across behind the school in the pitch black, I couldn’t help but get the feeling someone was following me.  My heart started racing and I had a sick feeling in my stomach and every part of me was telling me to run.

I checked behind me, but thankfully no one was there. Even though I couldn’t see anyone or anything, I trusted my gut instinct and ran to the locker rooms where it was well lit and pretty much safe. As I reached the locker rooms I rested against the door, relieved to see that no one was behind me. Sam would be out any minute now anyways. I pulled out my phone and texted Sam. “Waiting for you at locker rooms, I already know you’ve won J

I looked up from my phone to see a shadow emerging from the darkness. I was about to scream or run until I saw a familiar face. Jacob’s. “Holy shit, Jacob. You scared the shit out of me! Why did you follow me?” I said.

“I just wanted to talk to you.” Jacob said, slightly slurring his words.

“Are you drunk? And what did you want to talk about?” I replied, wishing Sam would come a little faster.

“Well pretty much,” Jacob said, putting his arm on the wall next to my head. “I want you back.” I could smell the strong stench of alcohol on his breath and felt sick.

“Lay off, Jacob.” I replied, pushing his arm away and walking off.

“Where do you think you’re going missy?” Jacob said, grabbing my arm firmly. Panic and adrenaline poured through my veins as I realized what could be about to happen.

“You’re hurting me, Jacob. Let go now.” I said sternly. Jacob laughed in my face.

“Look at you, you little slut. You don’t seem to mind any other guy touching you. How come you never put out for me? Huh? I bet you’re sleeping around all day long.” Jacob said getting angrier by the second.

“For fuck’s sake!” I said. I turned all my fear and adrenaline into strength and I lifted my knee as hard and as fast as I could into his groin.

“FUCK!” he yelled out, crippling over. I took this as my chance to escape and turned to run the opposite way but Jacob grabbed my arms and pinned them against the wall. “You think you could get away with something like that, skank?” Jacob said, his eyes turning black.

Before I realized what was happening, I felt Jacob’s fist connect with my face. I screamed out in pain and tears sprung to my eyes. “SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Jacob yelled, grabbing my hair. I whimpered as I tried to control my crying and the throbbing pain coming from my eye, but a sob escaped. “Please,” I whispered, “let me go.” Jacob looked at me and laughed. “You’re so pathetic.” He said, tightening his grip on my hair.

Jacob let go of my arm and placed his other hand on my hair. Quickly and strongly, he pulled my head back and slammed it against the wall. The pain was so overwhelming that my vision started blacking as I felt the hot blood run down my face and down my neck.  I fell down on the group and curled up into a ball. I was too weak to stand up and run or fight for myself and I was almost letting myself succumb to the darkness inside my head.

Jacob kicked me in the back and then kicked me again. I writhed in pain, and tried to scream, but I was just too week. Jacob continued to kick me over and over again. Eventually I couldn’t take it anymore, so I fell into the darkness. The pain was so intense and horrible that I almost felt numb. I just wanted it to be over.

All of a sudden I heard the rugby team cheering and running into the boys locker room. Thank god, I’m saved. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was no longer in the boys’ locker room, but Jacob had dragged me to the girls’ locker room on the other side Jacob had his hand on my mouth, preventing me from calling out for health. I closed my eyes and prayed for Sam to come find me.

I looked down at myself and saw that my top had been ripped off me and there were purple and black bruises already showing. My breasts had bruised hand marks on them and I felt sick, thinking about what he could have done to me when I passed out. 

“What did you do to me.” I whispered, barely audible. Jacob looked down at me with a sickly sweet smile.

“I’m just getting started, baby.”