Chapter 26

I whole drive home, I can't stop thinking about that kiss. Not thinking about it in a way I wanted to do it again but in a I feel horrible way. I don't know how im going to tell Brice but I know I have to. I know he not gon be happy but I know he'll appreciate me for being honest. With him being gone for the next few days, I know I can't avoid Dillan right now. I checked out flights and saw it's a flight leaving for Denver in the morning. I rather tell him face to face and I rather be with him so I don't have to be around Dillan while he's gone. I wanted to surprise him so I didn't tell him we were coming. I checked his credit card statements and I saw what hotel he was at. I know he'll be excited to see us. I know he only been gone for a few hours but I know he misses us. How it go? She ran out like I knew she would. Have you talked to her since she left? I tried calling her but I knew she wasn't gon answer. It's gon be a while before I see or talk to her again. I knew this was gon be a bad idea. I'm ruining my closest relationship to help you get revenge. I swear ill never forgive myself for this. OMG! Would you stop fucking crying already? I'm not crying, im just scared I lost the only person in this world that I love and have. Yeah, sounds like crying to me. From here on out, you on your own. Whatever plan you been working on you gon have to finish it by yourself. I'm done helping you and done watching you destroy somebody I love live. You gon tell her? I'm gon move back home and act like I had no parts in this. Fine, im done using you anyway. I can get it done by myself from here.

Dillan called like 5 times since I left his house. He just made out friendship awkward when it didn't have to be. He never came at me like that before so I wanna know why do it now. I know Zack and Kat gone away but I needed to talk to somebody. Hey, did y'all make it? Yeah, we just landed a few minutes ago. Everything ok? Yeah, I said. Lies, I can hear it in your voice. Y'all can get settled and just call me later. What's going on? I went to see Dillan and catch up a little. I haven't really talked to him since he knows about what we did. He showed me the ring he bought me years ago. Why he just now showing you? Why you didn't tell me he still had it? He asked me not to. Well, he asked us not to. How did you find out? Meghan told me. It's just fucked up all y'all knew but didn't say anything to me. I told you, he asked us not to say nothing. He started telling me how he felt and how much he spent on the ring. Out of nowhere he kissed me. WHAT! Yes Zack, he kissed me. For them few seconds, I got lost in the moment. I ran out of there so fast. He been calling since I left. Have you told Brice? No but I plan on telling him. I know he not gon want us being friends after I tell him. What made him come at you like that after all these years? That's what im trying to figure out myself. Like, Dillan has never expressed his feelings for me like that. He never came at me in a disrespectful way, none of that. For him to just cross the line like that especially after he sent Brice away, really makes me wonder. You think he planned this the whole time? That's what it's starting to look like. It's just too much of a coincidence at this point. I don't know how im gon tell Brice. Same way you told him about what we did. Hell that wasn't easy. That's my point, Zack said. You told him about some shit we agreed to never discuss or think about. For you to tell him that, you can tell him about a simple kiss that meant nothing. I don't wanna wait until he comes back or tell him over the phone. I was thinking about flying out to where he is and just tell him. I don't think that's a good idea. Why not? You going to where he is to tell him that may seem like it was more than a kiss. How? Trust me, ive been down this road before. I've done some shit that I didn't want Kat to know about. I would be so nervous about her finding out before I could tell her. I'll go to her job or something just to tell her before she found out from somewhere else. Just wait until he gets home and tell him. You telling him on the phone only gon make him lose focus on what he went out there to do. You flying there to tell him in person gon do the same thing. So just wait it out for now. In the meantime, keep your distance from Dillan. That was the only plan I really had. I can't believe im taking advice from Zack. Over the last few months or so, his advice been pretty good.