Chapter 15

Z, Zack said. What? Meghan lied. What? I went to rough up your boy. You did what? Relax, I didn't hurt him or nothing. I told him I talked to you and you told me what Meghan told you. What he say? He said he didn't do nothing. Of course he gon say that, I said. I think he telling the truth, Zack said. I don't believe it. I'm just saying I think he telling the truth. I saw it in his eyes and his reaction. Why would Meghan lie to me? To hurt you the same way y'all hurt her. Once I saw he was telling the truth, I easily put it together. Y'all lied and hurt her, so she doing the same to y'all. Y'all really can't be mad at her tho. Who side you on? I'm not on nobody side, im just stating the obvious. I think you should talk to him. Why? He didn't do anything to hurt you like you thinking. I still don't wanna talk to him. I can't force you to talk to him but I think you should. Thanks for calling, I said. I appreciate Zack for trying to figure this out for me. I don't know who to believe really. I've heard and watched Brice lie to Meghan time and time again. He could be lying right now the same way he lied to her. I don't wanna believe Meghan lied to hurt me. At the same time, I can't be mad at her if she did lie. Her being so calm and wanting to stay with Brice was too weird to me. Meghan not a sneaky, manipulative person tho. I'm having a hard time believing she lied to me. I wanna believe Meghan but I don't wanna believe Brice been lying to me either. This why I came out here, to get away from all that shit. Me sitting here trying to figure out who lying or not is gon drive me crazy. Whoever lying will eventually come to the light.

Did I wake you? I needed to be up anyway, Dillan said. Should you be drink coffee? Not really but im only gon have one cup. I need something this morning to sooth me, I said. What's wrong? Before coming here, I talked to my friend. She stopped by my house and said she wanted to talk. She started saying she wanted to still be friends or whatever. After she said all of that, she tells me Brice was seeing another woman as well. What? She said that he told her that they messed around a few times a couple of months ago. So he was seeing y'all 3 of y'all at the same time? That's what I thought at first. I told Zack what happened, which I didn't want to. I just knew I was gon hear "I told you so". Zack goes and beat Brice up. Zack told him what Meghan told me. Brice said he didn't do anything and he wasn't messing with nobody. Zack say he thinks he telling the truth. How? By his reaction and the look in his eyes. Zack thinks my friend lied to hurt us the same way we hurt her. I'm not sure who to believe right now. You know it's rare I agree with Zack about anything but I think he may have a point. She trusted both of y'all, trusted y'all enough to have a threesome, and she loved y'all. Y'all broke her trust and betrayed her. It only makes sense for her to wanna do the same to y'all. She may have kept calm because she's pregnant. She didn't wanna get too upset but she didn't wanna let it go that easily either. She probably waited for the right moment to seek revenge. She did say that he rather be with me than her. I guess he told her he didn't wanna stay together and he wanted to be with me. That may have triggered her to do what she did, Brice said. I know it wasn't easy for her to sit there and listen to her boyfriend say he rather be with her best friend. I think anybody would lose it after that. The best thing for you to do is stay away from her. You don't know where her mindset is at. She could be cool one day and the next day, her emotions could take over. When somebody is dealing with that kind of pain, they can become very unpredictable. She not that kind of person tho, I said. I understand that but you have to look at the position she's in. She's hurt, heartbroken, angry, and probably disgusted. Those are all the emotions that can make anybody turn into a whole different person. Yeah I don't know her but I know how situations like this ends. For example, I did business with this woman 2 years ago. She was raised in a church, lived by the bible, and was married to a pastor. She waited until she was married to have sex, which she got married at 27. She went away to do church work with her family. She was gone for 6 months. Her husband had an affair the entire time she was gone. When she came back, he tried to end the affair but couldn't. She eventually found out in the worst possible way. She went to work one day and saw pictures of them everywhere. She filed for a divorce and disappeared. Nobody had seen her or talked to her in months. One day, her husband was at a stop light. A homeless woman came up to the car and tried to wash his windows. He tried to get rid of her and get her off his car. Once he got out his car, he noticed it was his wife. She was a homeless drug addict. She was so hooked on drugs; he couldn't even recognize her. He felt so bad and guilty for what happened to her. She went to rehab, got clean, and turned her life around. With her coming from a religious background and strict household, drugs weren't something she was familiar with. I'm saying this to let you see that, just because your friend is not a certain kind of person doesn't mean she can't lose who she is and be somebody that she's not. This woman completely lost who she was because of the hurt and humiliation her husband caused. At any moment your friend could do the same. Everything Dillan said made perfect sense, rather I wanna face it or not. I never been a side piece, a mistress, or a woman who would be fucking somebody else man. I completely become somebody that im not. Meghan could do the same and that's starting to scare me.