Chapter 8

This morning sickness was kicking my ass big time. It started yesterday after Brice and I finished fucking. He really didn't wanna leave but I told him he could. I was back and forth to the bathroom all night. I barely ate anything yesterday and I was throwing up enough puke as if I been drinking all day. Brice texted to see if I was ok or not. He said he was going to bring me something on his break. I appreciate him for trying. Meghan having morning sickness too so she won't be at the shop today. One of us have to be there at all times. Even tho Chyna is the shop manager, I still prefer an owner to be present just in case. On my way to the shop, ill get me something to kind of settle my stomach. Good morning! Good morning Zayna! It's kind of busy in here this morning, I said. Yeah, Meghan booked this party early. What party? A winter ball for a high school. How many people is it? It's 25 in total but only 10 came. The other 15 is going to come at 2pm. Oh, Meghan didn't tell me about a party. Luckily I was here when she booked the party. It was my idea to book them separately, Chyna said. Last time we barely pulled that party off in the amount of time we had. I agree, this time would have been worst. I know that's why I told Meghan to just book them separately. It's be easier on us and the party. If you need me ill be in my office. You feeling ok today? Not really but ill be ok. I wanna wait until the time is right before I announce my pregnancy to anybody. I know Meghan is going to ask me a thousand questions about the father. I'm going to stick to the plan until she has the baby. I was sitting at my desk when Chyna knocked on the door. You busy? No, what's up? Your brother is up front. You can send him back. I just wanted to make sure you weren't busy first. You can go on back, Chyna said. When we gon go out? Let me think... never! Aw don't be like that, you gotta be nice to me. And why is that? My sister is your boss. What does that have to do with you? If I tell her you not doing your job or being nice to good looking customers such as myself, you could get in trouble. I know the perfect punishment for you too, Zack said. So, how is Katrina? Who? Your girlfriend Katrina or should I say Kat? Yeah, you didn't know I knew Katrina huh? We run in the same circle so I already know enough about you Zackary. I can always help you know more about me. Your sister is waiting on you back there, Chyna said while pointing to my office. You wanna escort me back there? Can you get away from my desk so I can do my job please? I'll go away for now but ill be back. I'm dreading the thought Zackary, Chyna said.

Hey! Hey, what you doing here? Just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. What you up to? I'm not up to nothing, I can't come check on my sister? You only check on me if you want something. I don't necessarily want something; I did wanna come tell you something. What? I kind of told mom and dad about your situation. YOU DID WHAT! I'm sorry, it just kind of jumped out. I knew better to confide in your ass, ugh. What you tell them? I just told them their oldest child is having a baby. And? That's it, Zack said while laughing. You play too fucking much. What they say? Of course mom cried and dad ran around the living room saying, im a pop-pop. A pop-pop? I said the same thing. They didn't ask by who? Yeah, they asked that. What you say? A friend of mine that's away in Iraq. They bought it? Surprisingly, they did. Cool, just have to stick with that lie for a few more months. Have you told Meghan yet? Not yet, trying to wait for the right time first. Seem like you trying to wait to tell everything. Not really, im not in a big rush to tell her. Where is she? At home sick. How did Brice take it? He smiled when I told him. Really? Yeah, he seemed really excited about it. He told me he would do his best to be here for me when I need him. I know with both of us being pregnant, it's going to be hard trying to be there for the both of us. I told him as long as he makes it to some of the doctor appointments and bring me some late night cravings, im ok. As long y'all got it worked out, that's good. I'm about to get out of here, I just wanted to check on you. Thanks, ill talk to you later. I tried to stay at the shop as long as I could but this sickness wasn't allowing me to do that. Chyna im not feeling too good, im going to go. Call me if you need anything. Ok, feel better. Chyna come here, Lo whispered. What? She pregnant. Who? Z, I heard her and Zack talking. You won't believe by who. Who? Brice. Naw, that can't be right. That's what I heard them say. You sure they said Brice? Yes, I heard them say Brice more than once. That can't be right, Chyna said while shaking her head. I'm telling you, that's what I heard. Don't say nothing to nobody Lo. What make you think I am? Bitch didn't you just tell me? You the shop manager so I had to tell you. You didn't have to tell me shit. I don't want no parts of this, not trying to lose my job. You ain't do nothing so you not gon lose your job. You know they don't like no gossiping in the shop. Well they shouldn't gossip either hell. I'm serious, this bet not leave your lips to anybody Lo. I'm not gon say nothing. If I hear anybody else talking about this, im writing you up. Damn, it's like that? You remember the last time you repeated gossip you heard? That wasn't my fault, Lo said. I didn't know Kim was gon pop off on Diamond like that. If you would have been at your section doing some work, you wouldn't have heard anything in the first place. Again, don't let this leave your lips to anybody. Don't even tell your friends you hang out with. Ok, im not gon say nothing.