Chapter 16

I was holding my phone, just staring at Brice's number. I wanted to call him but I was nervous for some reason. I know I need to call him and talk this out. Here it goes, I said while dialing. Hey! Zayna hey. You busy? Not at all, im shocked you called. I wanted to talk to you and clear the air. I know you upset that I left again and not answering your calls. It was just a lot going through my head I just couldn't deal with it all. Yeah, I believed what Meghan told me. I just didn't know how to feel really. I was pissed, hurt, and embarrassed. Everybody asked what if you cheat on me like you did Meghan. I just knew you wouldn't do that to me. When Meghan told me that, I didn't know what to do. First I wanna say, thank you for finally returning my call. I know you believed what she told you. I didn't know y'all even talked until Zack told me. Of course it was after he hit me a few times on job. I'm sorry you going through all of this. The last thing I wanna do is put our child in danger. Me either, im sorry. It's ok, all of this is my fault anyway. It's both of our fault, I said. When you coming back? Probably in a few days. I don't want you constantly leaving whenever it's a problem between us. I know the situation is fucked up and difficult to deal with. We have to deal with this the best way we can. I don't need y'all going at it trying to hurt each other purposely. Both of y'all are the mother of my kids, that will never change. You know I love you and I still wanna be with you. Nothing is going to change that period. I want you to come home so we can do this the right way. I'll be home soon, I promise. Ok, I love you. When Brice said that, I hesitated a little. I know he loves me and I love him too. This situation just getting a little too complicated for me. I love you too Brice. I will see you soon.

Now that I fixed things with Brice, I know I need to call Meghan at some point. I don't want to; I really don't know what to say to her. I know we gon have to talk eventually tho. Think ill just wait until I get back home to talk to her. You busy, Dillan asked? No, just got done talking to Brice. How that go? It went better than I expected. He wants me to come back home. I'm sure he does, you're pregnant with his child. Have you talked to your friend yet? No, I was gon call her but I think ill just wait until I get back home. I'm still kind of mad at you, I said. Why? You know why, you should have told me a long time ago. I just didn't wanna ruin our friendship or make you feel uncomfortable. I didn't know if you felt the same about me or not. I didn't wanna put myself out there and make a fool out of myself. I actually felt the same way, I said. Really? Yeah, I didn't wanna ruin our friendship either. I wanted to wait until the timing was right but you ended up leaving. Once you left, I just looked at it like I missed my opportunity. I wish things wasn't so complicated now, Dillan said. Yeah but can't really change it now. I hope y'all get everything worked out, Dillan said. I hope so too; I can't keep doing this. Especially not while you're pregnant. All of y'all just need to sit down and put everything out on the table. We already did that, well I thought we did. Y'all just have to accept everything for what it is and make the best of it. Y'all can't try to hurt the next person just because you're hurting. Both of y'all are pregnant by the same person, that makes y'all kids related. I don't want it to be like this. I want our kids to be able to be around each other without us going at it. Your friend just need some time to really process all of this. Once she gets past the hurt, she'll be ok with everything. You know if you ever need to come back out here and stay for a few days, you can. I know and thank you for always being here. Wish Zack was more like you. He try to be here for me but he kind of suck at it. That's Zack, what you expect from him? You gotta good point there, I said while laughing. You remember when we tried to sneak into that summer jam concert? Manne, we had a ballll that night. Even tho we got caught and only saw 3 minutes of the concert, we still had fun. How about the time we tried to break into Miss Jean shed? I don't know what the hell we was thinking that day. I remember when we took all those fortune cookies from that Chinese restaurant, Dillan said. Mr. Lee was so damn mad, I said while laughing. He actually tried to chase us for them damn cookies. You fell and smashed all of your cookies. By the time we made it to our house, I didn't have shit. Zack greedy ass didn't wanna share. We use to have some good times, Dillan said. I remember the school dance where you tried to make your own dress. OMG! Why you bring that up? You was mad at your mom because she didn't get you the dress you wanted. You had a bake sale to get the money so you could make the dress yourself. I was up all night making cupcakes and cookies. I just knew that dress was gon be bomb as hell when I got finished. I don't know what I did wrong but it the whole thing just came apart. I was dancing with DJ, thinking I was all of that. I did one move and the whole dress just fell apart. That shit was funny as hell. Really? I'm sorry but it was tho. I know you not talking about me. I'm not the one got caught in the locker room kissing the school's biggest skank, Teisha Brown. That girl had been with damn near every senior and a few juniors. Why we talking about this again? Awww, now you don't wanna talk about it? Nope, I don't wanna talk about it. I looked at my phone and saw Zack calling.