Chapter 14

I woke up this morning feeling good for some reason. Maybe it's because we finally, well I finally told Meghan the truth. I'm still shocked on how well she took it. I was thinking like maybe she gon lose it or something after she have the baby. Meghan not that type tho, she never been. Baby, I heard Brice say. What you doing here? I was heading to work and I wanted to bring this by. It was a bed for the baby. I wanna start getting this stuff early since I have to buy 2 of everything. How it go with Meghan? It went ok, I guess. What happened? She wanted to know why and when did it start. I told her ill be living in a hotel until I find a place. She actually wanna stay together and work it out. What? Yeah, that shocked me too. What you say? I didn't know what to say really. Do you wanna be with her? Baby you know I don't, Brice said. Well you knew what to say then. If you know you don't wanna stay with her, you should have said it. Now she gon have her hopes up that y'all are going to fix it. I'll tell her I don't want to. You should have told her then Brice. It was so much going through my head I didn't know what to say. Like I said, ill tell her when the time is right. Goodbye Brice. Are you serious? Yes, im very serious. If you loved me and wanna marry me like you say, you would have did what you needed to do to make it happen. I know you Brice, you have a soft spot for her because of what y'all been through. Yeah I do but that don't change how I feel about you. Goodbye Brice. Yeah I was a little pissed Brice didn't really end it with Meghan. The fact she still wanna be with him is crazy. Shit if I knew she was gon feel like that, I would have said nothing. Why would she wanna stay with him anyway? The way it happened is crazy. I'll never stay with a man that cheated with my best friend and got her pregnant. It ain't no love that damn strong or deep to make me stay with a cheater.

What you doing here? I really needed to talk to you, Brice said. About what? I been doing a lot of thinking about everything. I know you wanna work through all of this but I don't. It's not that I don't, I just know it's not going to work. I'm in love with Zayna and that's where I wanna be. If we try to work through this, nothing is going to change. I'm still gon feel how I feel and be with Zayna every chance I get. I don't wanna keep hurting you and bringing all this pain. So you just end it like that? It's the best thing to do for all of us. This doesn't mean I don't love you or im not gon be there for our child. I'll still be a father and be here when you need me. Goodbye Brice. I was about to run a few errands when Meghan stopped by. I haven't talked to her since I told her everything. I'm shocked she came over. I didn't come to argue or none of that. I really came to talk, that's it. First, I wanna say im sorry. I know what we did or have done is completely wrong. Nothing I can say or do will justify what we did. I know Brice loves you and he rather be with you than me. I wish y'all the best and I hope the 4 of our can be cool. 4? Brice been seeing another woman as well. What? He told me about her today, I had to drag it of him. Apparently they messed around a few times a couple of months ago. I was trying my hardest to hide how pissed I was. Like I was furious inside for real. Who is she? I don't know, he didn't say. I don't want this to affect our friendship. I know it's gon take some time for us to get back to our sisterhood but I know we'll get this. Yeah, I know it too. I just can't tell you enough how sorry I am. Z, you don't have to keep apologizing. I will get over it eventually. I just want us to be on the same page and move past this so we can continue to run our business. Speaking of business, you trying to sell it? I was so pissed, I really wanted to sell it. At the time I wasn't thinking clearly. I get it, I probably would have done it too. That's why you sold some to Chyna? I just knew with both of us being pregnant, we not going to be able to do much. I didn't want the business to suffer because of us. I felt like Chyna is the best person to help keep the business going. She's a great manager and I think she deserves to be a part of the business in a different way. That's the only reason you did it? I knew whenever we tell you the truth, that was going to change everything. I wanted to avoid being around you a little until it got a little easier. I don't want you to be somebody different, Meghan said. I know it's gon be different but you still my best friend. Us being pregnant at the same time was always our dream and goal. I don't want none of that to change over a man. I was actually shocked and proud of Meghan. I wouldn't be this mature at all if it was happening to me. Well technically, it is happening to me. Brice was dealing with another woman while dealing with Meghan and I. I can't overlook that like it's cool. I'm really pissed and hurt. Brice told me over and over that he wouldn't hurt me. The fact he was dealing with 3 women at the same time, ain't cool at all! I had a few words for him when Meghan leaves.