Chapter 22

Hey, what you doing here? I hope I didn't wake you. No, I normally get up at this time. I can't really sleep much after Brice leaves for work. Well, I was out doing some shopping and I realized something. What? I never got y'all a baby gift, Meghan said. Awww, how sweet. You didn't have to get anything. I wanted to, you got Ray'gun a lot of stuff and I haven't done the same for the little guy. Thank you! Excuse me, sounds like someone is up now. You mind warming up his milk? No, I don't mind. Thanks, just warm it up for 10 seconds. He won't drink it if it's too hot. Ray'gun was the same way, Meghan said. I went to grab the baby when I realized his clothes was changed again. He so handsome, Meghan said. What's wrong? Something weird is going on, I said. What you mean? This the second morning in a row he has woken up in something different. What you mean? The night before, I put him on his green night clothes Zack got him. That next morning, he was in something different. His green night clothes was folded up in his draw. Last night, I put him in his jumper. Now he's in this, I know im not losing my mind. Maybe Brice changed him before he left for work. See I thought that the first time it happened. I asked him about it and he said he didn't change him. Maybe you didn't put him in what you think you did. Brice and Zack said the same thing but I know I did. Did you see his jumper? Yeah, it's hanging up in the closet. Have you been stressed out lately? With trying to plan this wedding, not having my mother here, Brice been really stressed since losing Ray'gun, it's a lot going on right now. Maybe all of that is making you hallucinate a little. I was the same way when I first lost Ray'gun. I kept misplacing stuff, I would run in her room thinking I heard her crying, sometimes I would imagine me doing stuff in my head but I didn't do it. I think that's what happening with you. You imagine yourself putting him on a certain thing but didn't actually do it. I never realized I was doing it until I started seeing a therapist. Therapist? Yeah, I was in such a dark place after losing another child. I blamed you and Brice for a while. Even tho I know y'all didn't have anything to do with it, I just needed somebody to point the finger at. Seeing how im still dealing with the pain y'all caused, it was convenient to blame y'all. I only been seeing my therapist for a few days but he really made everything clear for me. I didn't know you blamed us, I said. I know it was wrong of me to blame y'all but in that moment it felt right. You just going through a lot right now, that's all.

So how was last night? Dillan told me y'all was hanging out again. Yeah, we had a good time. He's a great escape from everything that's going on. I could tell by the look in Meghan eyes, she starting to fall for Dillan. I have to get them to stop seeing each other before it gets too far. I know Dillan wouldn't take it there but Meghan will just to hurt me. I have to think of some kind of plan to get Dillan to leave town for a few months or so. How is your dad doing? He's good, he doing better than we thought he would. I think with him knowing the whole time she was sick, he had time to prepare his self for it. Can you get the door for me? Sure, Meghan said. Zack, what you doing here? You haven't been to my house have you? Nooo, why? I came home and all of Kat stuff gone. I thought she was coming back this week? I talked to her yesterday, she staying for another month. When I got home, everything of hers is gone. All of her clothes, shoes, all of that. Did you try calling her, Meghan asked? Yeah but she didn't answer. You think somebody broke in? I doubt that, Zack said. Don't ignore it, somebody probably did break in. If that was the case, which I don't think it is. Why would they only take her stuff? I got tons of shit that's worth stealing that they passed to get to her stuff. Have you told her that her stuff gone? You want me to get killed don't it? If I tell her that she gon swear up and down I let a bitch in the house and she took her shit. If she come back and see her stuff gone, she still gon think the same thing. FUCK! Can you not cuss around him? My bad big dawg, Zack said while grabbing the baby. Let this be a lesson to you, don't date crazy women. The same thing happened again today Zack. What? He was in something different this morning. Zack would you tell her, she losing her mind? I told your ass that yesterday. I told her she just hallucinating. She just might have a point, Zack said. With becoming a mother, losing mama, losing Ray'gun, on top of planning the wedding you just under a lot of stress. Yes, im stressed out and have been lately. There go your answer then. I gotta go, I just stopped by to see if you been by the house. What you gon do? Mane, ill figure it out eventually.