Chapter 11

I was all set and ready to leave. I'm going to North Carolina for a few months. I haven't told anybody where im going just yet. I'm going to wait until I make it there before I say anything to anyone. I could be taking a huge risk by going to North Carolina alone and I don't know anybody there. Well, I know one person there and that's my ex Dillan. We were high school sweethearts, he my best friend, and he gave me the money to buy my half of the shop. He moved North Carolina 7 or 8 years ago. When I called him and asked if I could stay at his house for a little while, he was completely ok with it. I haven't told him about what's going on yet but he could definitely tell by my voice something wasn't right. When I was leaving, Meghan called. I was going to be late for my flight so I didn't answer. I haven't felt this good in a while. I don't know why I was excited about leaving but I was. I know this is the right thing to do and it's going to save me a lot of stress. I knew Zack was going to be the first person to come looking for me. I left a note on the kitchen counter just to let him know I was ok. I didn't tell him where I was going, I just told him im ok and I will call him later. The whole flight I just kept rubbing my stomach and looking at this ring. I'm going to miss Brice but I know this is what's best for me right now.

Hey Zack, have you heard from Z? I've been calling her for hours but she hasn't answered, Meghan said. I haven't talked to her either. That's weird, she offered Chyna to buy a percentage of her half of the shop. What? Yeah, she didn't tell me about it or nothing. Chyna showed me the papers this morning. That's not like her to make a decision like that and then disappear. When the last time you talked to her? Yesterday, we went baby shopping and Brice met us there. I'll try calling her and ill let you know. What's up Brice? At work, what's up? Have you talked to Z? Not today I haven't, why? I called her but she didn't answer. I would try and call her but I doubts she answers the phone for me. Why? She kind of broke things off with me yesterday. She said it's best if we don't see each other until the baby is born. Really? Yeah, I think all of this is too much for her because she's pregnant. Meghan been all extra emotional and moody lately. One minute she's happy, next minute she's crying, and the next minute she's furious. Z told me you proposed to her, Zack said. Yeah, I did. I think that may have drove her away. What you mean? Meghan called me asking have I heard from her. She been calling her for hours and she's not answering. Z gave a percentage of her half of the shop to one of the employees. What? That's not like my sister at all. I'll go by and check on her, Brice said. If she doesn't wanna see you, she not gon open the door for you. It's best if I go, Zack said. Let me know if you hear from her. What's pops? What I tell you about that pops mess? Have you talked to Z? Yesterday, she stopped by to talk about her situation. Oh so you know? Yeah, she told me everything. So you know she's pregnant by Brice? BY WHO! Brice, I thought she told you. You talking about Meghan's Brice? Yeah, him. She didn't tell me who she was pregnant by. She just told me the guy was with a girl and they were pregnant at the same time. Well yeah she pregnant by Brice now nobody has talked to her. What? I talked to Brice and he said yesterday she broke things off with him. She said it's best if they didn't see each other until the baby was born. Meghan called saying she been calling her for hours and she hasn't answered. She sold a half of her percentage to the shop. She did what? Yeah, you know that's not like her. I'm about to go to her house and see what's going on. Ok, let me know.

My phone was ringing so much, I just cut it off. I was enjoying my peaceful flight to North Carolina. I was sitting next to this handsome guy name Owen. He's a marketing director, no kids, no wife, or girlfriend. I know it sounds like im trying to get with him or something. We had a lot in common and I enjoyed our conversation. I went to college for business marketing so we connected on that level. It just so happens were both going to North Carolina. He's going to pitch a marketing idea and I was going to hide out. He did ask me out to lunch once we landed and got settled. I got his card and told him ill think on it. I won't hurt to sit and talk possible business with him. This flight is making me do a lot of thinking. Once we tell Meghan everything, I wanna just give Meghan the business. No matter how or when we tell her, that'll ruin our friendship and business relationship. I rather just give her the business, move, and have a fresh start on life. It'll be good for me and the baby. Depending on how everything goes while im out here, I might just stay here. I finally landed and I was so ready to relax. I was so tied on the plane but I didn't wanna go to sleep. Well, I really couldn't go to sleep. Dillan picked me up from the airport. Heyyy! OMG! Look at you, Dillan said while spending me around. You look amazing Z! Thank you, so do you. Let me get your bags, Dilan said. How you been? I've been good, just working really. Where you work? I'm a stock broker now. Mr. big money, I said. I do alright, Dillan said. What about you, how is the business? It's going good, real good. How is the family? Zack is still Zack, my dad is doing good, and my mom been real sick lately. Is she ok? Yeah, she's getting better. That's good, Dillan said. What about your family? My mom is doing fine and my dad passed away 2 years ago. I'm sorry to hear that. He was sick and didn't tell anyone. Why didn't you tell me? It took some time to really process it. For so long I was in denial. Every day I would text him, wait for him to respond, then get mad when he don't respond. It took months for me to finally accept he was gone. Listening to Dillan made me think about my mom. It was taking some time for me to process the fact my mom was sick. It's still taking some time honestly. Every time I go to see her, she's sleep or not there. Maybe it's time for me to be there for her more before it's too late.