Masquerade Ball (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

'Who is she?' was the main question floating around, and for that, I was grateful. I tried to kind of fade into the wall and become the wallflower I was so used to being.

*

*

*

     I was busy playing Candy Crush about an hour later when I felt a tap on my shoulder that sent shock waves up and down my arm. I looked up into the eyes of a guy with beautiful hazel eyes and time seemed to stop. Everything disappeared except the mystery guy and I.

'Mate!' my wolf cried happily, the first thing she had said in days.

      My mate? But I was only 16. That meant he had to be almost or at least 17 already. I allowed a small smile to slip onto my face and he smiled back.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked, holding out his hand.

   I took it cautiously and he pulled me to the dance floor. Feel This Moment by Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera came on and I smiled. I love this song.

     We dance for what seemed like forever, but it was only until the song ended. We were perfectly in sync, and when we were through, I heard applause. Surprisingly, people had formed a small crowd around us and watched us dance.

   "Ok, we're going to do things a little different now, so let's remove those masks and let everyone know who we are!" The dj shouted, pulling off his mask. 

    The dj was Walter, my science partner, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to say that because everyone seemed confused.

    After a minute or two, I saw Trevor pull off his mask and give me a knowing grin, wiggling his eyebrows. Lilah pulled hers off next, and in a few minutes, everyone expect mystery guy and I had taken off their masks. I was a bit hesitant.

"C'mon, you're the only ones with masks still on. I'm sure the people want to see who these amazing mystery dancers are!" Walter shouted.

"Wanna do it on three?" Mystery guy asked me. I nodded.

"One," he said, placing his hand on his mask, which I now noticed was a royal blue, as was his tie.

"Two," I said, my hand going to my own.

"Three," he said, and we both took off our masks.

   I looked in horror and shock at the guy standing in front of me, and I'm pretty sure he was shocked too.

Xander's p.o.v.

'Take her,' my wolf growled, 'have your way with her right here and now.'

    I stared at the girl leaning against the wall on her phone. She was my mate. She was the one made just for me. I tapped her shoulder and I knew she was a wolf because I could see the shock and happiness in her eyes.

    We danced before Walter said it was time for us to take off our masks. We were the last ones to remove our masks, and I wish I hadn't taken off mine.

"No. No. No. This is all wrong," Starlet said, covering her mouth with her hand.

     Starlet Loving, the girl I've bullied and abused for years, is my mate!? I saw tears form in her beautiful blue eyes and I felt like the worst person in the world.

"Starlet, I-"

"I want to go home, Trevor," She said, interrupting me and turning to her brother.

"But...what?" Trevor asked, confused.

"I want to go home now, Trevor. You don't have to come, but can I please have your keys and go home?" She begged. My wolf was howling with rage.

'WHY IS SHE LEAVING US?!' he shouted. 

     Trevor nodded and threw Starlet the keys to his car. She caught them easily and pushed past the crowd of people and out of the cafeteria. I finally snapped out of my shocked daze and ran after her. 

"Starlet!" I shouted, racing out of the cafeteria. I spotted her walking down the empty hall towards the front door. 

"Starlet, wait," I said, catching up to her and grabbing her arm to stop her from walking. She flinched and let out whimper as soon as I touched her.

"P-please let me go," She stuttered.

    I felt my heart ache. She was afraid of me. My mate was afraid of me.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise. We can pretend like it never even happened," She suggested, refusing to look at me.

'WHAT THE HELL IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?!' My wolf shouted.

"Starlet, listen to me-"

"She said let her go," I heard a feminine voice hiss from behind me. I turned and saw Leilah, Trevor's mate.

"Leilah, it's okay," Starlet said, though her voice portrayed the opposite.

"Let her go," Leilah said calmly, although her eyes were flashing and her teeth were bared. 

    My wolf was shouting at me not to, but I slowly released my grip on Starlet. She quickly began to back up, her hand going to her cheek, and I noticed a purplish bruise on her cheek.

"Who did that to you?" I asked her, angry.

    She was still backing slowly towards the door, not taking her eyes off of mine. I took a step towards her, but was held back by Leilah, who was in front of me in a flash, her eyes nearly red.

"Don't you dare," She growled, "you did that to her, and you know you did. Don't play dumb."

      I realized that she was right. I hit Starlet yesterday. But it should have healed already. I was about to ask why it hadn't when I realized I was alone. Starlet had left, and so had Leilah.

Song of the chapter: Feel this Moment by Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera---------Video link on the side------>