Silence

I don't know when I woke up again but I was hoping to wake up in my bed and not this black, soundless hole. It's maddening, the burning in my body was at a more bearable level, but I could feel different. It was hard to explain but I physically felt bigger, the chains didn't pull as much on my arms as before, my back cracked and popped a lot more than before when I stretched.

I curled my fingers inward and felt pointed nails press into the heel of my palms. I was changing, not only that realization set in finally, it wasn't only a change, it was a blooding. I'm being turned into an unlisted after affect of mixing demon blood into a human. I almost felt sorry for the beast who's blood is being drained for this sick experiment. If I can retain any sanity from this, I will kill him.

The wall opened, blinding me like before, I instantly turned my head away from the light. I recognized the footsteps as the same person from before as their shadow sheltered me from the light. Their hand was icy against my skin, forcing me to look forward. "Drink." It was the same order and I obeyed, resisting my gag reflex. The foul taste of the liquid wasn't so bad this time, there was a metallic tang to it. I noticed the liquid was thick and solid like some carbonated drinks, I had to remind myself several times over that it was blood as some of it streamed from the corners of my mouth. The slim streams burned my skin as they slithered down my neck, I could smell my own flesh cook mixed with the smell of the blood.

The bowl was pulled back when I swallowed the last of the liquid, I felt the person's hand before it met my cheek gently and trailed into my hair. "Good boy." They said. A prick of annoyance seared through me, I wasn't a dog, I'm not some pet people can touch at random. Where the hell is Bill?

The burning sensation heated my abdomen again, it spread quicker than last time. My gums started to hurt as I felt my teeth change, the hair along the back of my neck rose. It hurt but I was annoyed and quickly growing angry with the pain. I snapped at the person that lingered, I tasted my own blood in my mouth as I bit down on empty air. The person had pulled their hand back, probably startled with my reaction. I brought one one foot up, pressing my knee to my chest, and lunged forward, snapping at them again. Only the chains held me back from ripping the stranger into pieces. They quickly scampered out, dropping the bowl with a loud clatter and leaving me in the dark again.

The air turned moldy and stale again, I licked the blood from my gums and swallowed the remains that pooled on my tongue. I slid my still stretched leg around to the front on me, trying to feel for that bowl. I could hear my foot scrape across the stone floor, my new claws scratching the stone. I felt a toe barely touch the rim if an object smoother than stone. Maneuvering my extended foot and trying to keep balance on my other, I managed to bring the bowl into my lap and found myself curling inward, sniffing at the bowl. To my disappointment, I couldn't catch another scent other than the blood.

So with a huff, I left the bowl in my lap and stretched out my back, hearing the satisfying pops, then let my head fall forward and dozed.