Black

I'm not sure how I got myself into this. My mind hasn't been all together lately now, constantly wandering, memories surfacing, focusing on anything but the black I'm engulfed in. The thick metal cuffs chafed my wrists and the chained connecting them to the walls put strain on my arms, the stone brick dug into my knees. Open or closed, my eyes only registered black darkness, there wasn't a sound other my breathing, and no smell other than dampness and mold.

Isn't this what Marco sad the Blooding was about? A dark room with no sounds? How did it come to this again? I can't remember. Calm down, take a breath. Let's think of the last thing before sleeping. Tucking in Marmibelle, that's right, she had her bed moved beside the new tank Bill had put in when he found her father and half brother. I waved a silent good night to Mermando before moving to my bedroom, I was starving but I wasn't given anything to eat, not even a bit of water or a crumb of bread, Dani and Dallia had supervised to make sure I wasn't given anything. I'm still starving, my throat burned from dryness.

The wall in front of me opened, blinding me with sudden light and freshening the room with clean air. I had ducked my head away from the light so I didn't see the approaching figure, but I heard their steps. A hand reached under my chin and made me face them, then pressed the rim of something to my lips. "Drink." Was the lone order, the voice was familiar and wasn't all at the same time, it wasn't followed by the popular nickname or my actual name. I parted my lips as the object was tipped upward, liquid steadily poured into my mouth. I automatically spat it out at the person's feet when the foul taste met my tongue, like many rotten foods I couldn't differ any it just tasted rotten.

My chin was forced upward again and the object was once more pressed against my mouth. "Drink." The order was more firm this time as the object was tipped again. I opened my mouth and let the liquid pour in, ignoring the foul taste, and swallowing every drop I was given. When the thing was empty and taken away, the hand was in my hair, combing through my locks. "Good boy." The person cooed. "Get some rest."

A burning built up starting from my abdomen and slowly spread when the person left and I was left in the black again. I clenched my jaw, grinding my teeth hard, as the burning began to hurt. It was like an itch under my skin, I wanted to scratch at my skin to try and get it even if I had to scratch muscle deep. Explains the chains then. I craned my neck, trying to not think if it, the the burning stretched through my aching limbs and bit it's way up my spine.

The room itself was growing warmer with this burning sensation, my breathing pattern grew shallow trying to catch any bit of cold air. I actually feel the sweat pooling on my skin, every hair on my body matting down with the moisture, it was incredible but painful. The heat kept building, the burning, the pain, I couldn't help the roar that escaped my throat. Then I passed out.