Fight

'Needed me to walk', ha. Because of his object sex I can't currently walk on my own. I had to call Stanford and Stanley for assistance and they didn't seem happy with the claw marks in my skin.
They helped me up and into the bathing room. The warm water of the bath felt great after the stinging faded, relaxing the sore muscles. I washed myself and managed to get myself out, albeit wobbly in the legs but I could walk on my own now. The women from before came and got me dressed like yesterday, I felt slightly bad about the previous clothing that got shredded, then I made my way back to the main room joining my family for breakfast.

Marmibelle was silent at my approach if not looking like she would burst into tears at a given moment, she kept her eyes down from looking at me.
The older twins weren't much different but they attempted to be cheerful.
I can't say much for myself as I am waiting to be called on again for today's event that Bill promised. Forcing myself to eat the abnormally rich food, I tried to get a few words from my gloomy niece, "How did you sleep Marmi?"

"Fine." she answered solemnly, picking at her food. After a moment of silence uncle Ford and Stan left us alone then she looked at me. "I had a nightmare." Tears gathered under her eyes.

I set down my fork and wrapped my arm around her, holding her tight. She buried her face in my chest, the tears now falling freely, her small figure trembling. I stroked her hair with my free hand.
"Marmi," I began softly. "Remember what I said before? In the carriage and before we left home?"

The shaking girl didn't answer.

"I said I would always return to you in one piece and I'll do anything to make sure you are safe and sound, remember?" I looked down at her, slipping a finger under her chin and tilting her head up for her to look at me. "I know you want me safe too but as your current guardian it is my duty to keep you safe at any cost. So until I pay the ultimate price just smile for me?"

Marmibelle sat up and wiped the tears away then forced a weak smile. "Okay uncle." she whispered.

I hugged her close. "Just close your eyes, Marmibelle. You'll be alright, come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound." I kissed her temple. She nuzzled her head under my chin, her breathing easing into a slow pattern as she dozed off peacefully. Beufo padded up to the sofa we sat on and nudged my arm. I rubbed from his big head to behind his ears then his scruff. "Good boy." I murmured. "You did as you were told."

The hound huffed his response before laying on the floor.

"Pinetree."

Beufo instantly lifted his head and growled, his hair raising.
I mentally groaned at the ruined peace. But I got up, laid Marmibelle on the sofa covering her with a thin blanket, and made my way to Bill.
The bastard had a cocky grin smeared from ear to ear like he had won his five hundredth award.

"How was your sleep?" he asked casually.

"Dead gone as of now." I grumbled making him frown. But he let it drop and tugged me along by a magically appeared blue chain hooked to my collar.

"I should discuss the rules with you." Bill stated thoughtfully. "I'm sure Dani and Dallia told you the rules of the Companion bedrooms."

I nodded silently.

"Then I will explain the public rules. Companions are not equal to demons here, so in the presence of another demon you bow in greeting. Unless your Contractor doesn't approve the other you won't have to, you are still new so don't worry." He turned his head to look at me. "But also since you are mine your reputation is of higher standards than most so I'll teach you who to respect and who you don't need to." he continued and carried on like that about rules and regulations of Companions, or more rather pet. Then his speech stopped when we reached an arena of some sort. Bill guided me to the edge so I could see inside. It was deep and yards below where we stood were two humans, fighting each other. There was another to the side watching.

"This is the entertainment wing. The entertainment varies from group dances to daring circus acts to battles for redemption." Bill explained. "Also the occasional battle for freedom."

"Who is the one on the side?" I asked pointing to the figure.

"That would be Norman, the trainer. He is hired and paid handsomely to battle train the Companions, also he stops the fights when one competitor gives in but the other won't let the fight cease. A strong human he is even against a blooded companion."

"Blooded?" I questioned looking away from the fight to the demon.

"Yes," Bill nodded. "Sometimes a demon wants a strong companion at their side to fight for them so they give the companion a bit of hell animal blood. But that's only after some tests assure that the companion will withstand the changing process."

"You set up human protection rules?" I raised a brow and crossed my arms staring at him skeptical.

"Don't look at me like that, of course I did." he answered like I was stupid. "Its a hassle to find new companions that won't die of fright all the time so I made rules that prevents abuse on them." He pulled me along again up a set of stairs.
"Anyway I planned a battle entertainment for you this evening."

"Meaning I'm in it right?" I asked bemused.

"You are correct."

I snorted irritably. Of course he would put me in a fight. Of course demons would make humans fight each other for them just for amusement. They are lazy.

"Well if it isn't Bill Cipher." a different voice greeted. Another demon grinned down from a few higher steps. Bedhead like hair that was colored pink, horns protruding from his skull, pale purple skin, three red eyes, and punk tattered clothes. "Out of your room finally?" He asked with his full attention to the blonde demon. The top eye turned to me before he turned his head. "And with a Companion? Since when?"

"Tom this is Pinetree." Bill introduced giving me a hard stare that I guess I'm suppose to take as this demon is one I should respect. I bent forward giving a shallow bow.

"He's new." The other demon mused. "But I doubt that is his real name. So what is it?"

I opened my mouth to replied but shut it when Bill waved off the question. "No current matter. Who is fighting on this sunny morning?" Gold eyes looked over the other's being. "Where is your bunny?"

Tom nodded to the arena. "He's going against Ches's Companion currently." Bill looked back at the deep hole then to the horned demon. "Are you sure that's a good idea? Ches recently started blooding his Companion."

All three eyes widened. "He has? He should have said something when he challenged me." he fretted. "Marco hasn't even been in a battle yet." There was a cry that made the worried demon stiffen and run to the arena's edge. 

My gaze followed his figure curiously. I didn't think demon's could care so much about anything, much less a human. It was almost refreshing to see an inhuman creature bear the most humane emotions. Almost. And what's makes me say that is the damned inhuman creature that holds the other end of the blue chain.

"How harsh Pinetree." said demon pouted childishly. "Sure I used leverage but how else could I have gotten you here?"

"Wait until I decided to become a rebel?" I suggested lowly crossing my arms again. "You do have all the time in the world." I glared up at him receiving only a smirk as the bastard towered over me. Not that I would have anyway. With Marmibelle to take care of.

"Exactly my point, my sweet Pinetree." he spoke in a sickening tone and tapped my nose. Then after a silent moment he carried on up the stairs pulling me along. Talk about having me on a short leash, I glared at the chain. Bill snickered softly at my thought but didn't reply. I looked back at the arena, Bill and I were high enough to see into the pit. One of the competitors was being roughly guided into a hole in the wall by the trainer while the other, who I am going to assume is Marco, was being carried into another hole in the wall by Tom.

"Worry not Pinetree." Bill spoke stepping down a row of seats until he reached a gold colored seat. "I'm not pitting you against a blooded Companion anytime soon." He sat down, bored eyes grazing lazily over the now empty pit.