Reunion

Marmibelle shrieked as the door slammed itself shut leaving the three of us in pitch black darkness. I strained to hear anything besides Beufo's claws on the stone floor as he paced around us and my niece's frightened breathing patterns. Nothing to see, not much to hear, and nothing but chaffing metal, stone floor, and Marmibelle's death grip on my arm to feel.

Then I heard the slightest shuffle that I was well aware wasn't one of us and turned to the direction of the sound. "Bill." I called. "I know you're there."
Marmibelle whimpered as she clung to my arm like I was going to disappear at any given moment.

"Hasn't anyone told you it's rude to keep your guests waiting?" I called again into the dark.

A low chuckle sounded right next to my ear. I turned quickly but whoever was there was gone. The same must have happened to Marmibelle as she had squeaked and shuffled closer to me causing Beufo to snarl protectively.

"Guests?" a soft smooth voice questioned. "Pinetree you should know better that you aren't a guest." The room ignited with lit torches, dimly light the place. Before us wasn't the usual floating dorito but a well tanned and well dressed man with gold hair beneath a top hat.
"You are property." the man spoke, leaning forward over the black cane toward me. "My property. Your niece and uncles are just leverage."
He turned his calm gaze to the shivering girl and gave a cruel, twisted, toothy smile. "Don't think that, my little mermaid, I never did say I was your friend. But you never asked who I was. I just needed you to get your dear uncle."
Marmibelle trembled silently at my side her eyes shut tight. I stepped in front of her, blocking Bill's view.
I received an unamused sneer at my actions.

"How rude of you Pinetree." he stated but the sneer turned into another cruel grin. "I'll take great pleasure in training that rebellious attitude out of your system."

I glared silently at the demon who just grinned back. Suddenly a beeping went off like a small alarm.
"Tch," Bill tsked looking down at his watch. "It's time already." He gave one last look at me and raised a hand, long black nails grazed along my jaw. "I'll come retrieve you when I get back Pinetree."
Bill whirled around flamboyantly and walked away, his black coat disappearing in the flicking shadows. In his place two others approached, woman figured bodies and wearing transparent white fabric in a Egyptian dress fashion. Each carried a folded pile in their hands that was the same color and fabric.
Neither of them stopped walking, just in circles around us until the next thing I knew my normal clothes were gone from my person replaced with gold jewelry and the white fabric wrapped rather fittingly around my waist.
I looked to Marmibelle, even she was dressed differently from her normal clothes, similar to the ladies that changed our clothes but with the accessories of noble blood. The white fabric made her skin glow and really showed off the golden glimmer of her small scales.

She looked at me startled by the new clothing, I gave her a shrug.
"Follow us." one of the women ordered softly, like a whisper, before walking in the opposite direction Bill had taken. Me, Marmibelle, and Beufo followed in silence .

The two led us past several doors that most likely had certain activities happening on the other side that I had yet to explain to my niece and which I hope I won't be the one to.

The women stopped in front of an open door. One turned to them. "This will be your room. No one other than Mr Cipher may enter here without the resident's permission. No other demons are allowed in another demon's companion's room at all." she explained softly.

I nodded. "Thank you."

The other one turned. "We will return with dinner at six thirty. Mr Cipher should be able to retrieve Mr Pines by six forty-five." she continued.

"Enjoy your stay." they finished in unision.

"Yes, thank you again." I replied leading Marmibelle and Beufo into our new home. The chain linking my cuffs melted away like it was at melting point on a stove.