Chapter 71

Randell's POV

I decided to take Luke in a burger and fries restaurant. I just hope that this foods will help lessen the pain that he's experiencing. Afterall, foods are one of the best remedies to help a person who is feeling down.

"You haven't touched your fries" I pointed at it. "And the cheese of your burger is melting" I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Uncle. For all the disturbance that I have caused you" he finally spoke

"You are not a disturbance to me. Remember that" I corrected him.

He heaved a sigh.

"So your dad and mom had a misunderstanding again?" I started drinking my chocolate shake.

"My mom is talking about annulment already" he started getting some fries.

"What?!" I suddenly choked. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that to happen.

"Why did your mom pushed for an annulment?" I, myself want to know the reason behind it. How insensitive of Stephanie to decide just like that.

She should think of Luke. How the kid is being affected, is not a good thing. As for Marko, he really loves her. I know that. There's no doubt about it.

"Mom was talking about time and all that. She even asked dad if he has a mistress" Luke narrated

Woah. How could she think of Marko that way. If only she knows that Marko is doing everything for her and Luke. Why could she not appreaciate all the efforts that Marko is doing for them.

I just find it stupid. She can just give Marko a chance to make it up to her. Although, Marko did not do anything wrong.

At first, I thought that their marriage will work out so fine. I mean, their both hot headed and impatient, which makes them compatible with one another.

Well I guess i'm wrong. Even the most compatibale couples on earth can torn their relationship just like that.

Funny isn't it?.

"Luke, I want you to be strong. Can you promise me that?" I asked, waiting for him to answer

He nodded in reply.

Luke is not a real child of Stephanie and Marko. They just adopted him when he was four years old. He was in an orphanage that time. But of course, he Luke knows about it.

The moment I saw him back then, I knew that he's a brave boy.

Stephanie could not produce a child. During those times, she was very lonely. She's feeling sorry for herself, because she could not give what Marko wants. And that is to have a child of their own.

The moment that Luke enter their lives, things suddenly changed. Stephanie and Marko were very happy. That's one of the happiest day of their lives.

How did I know all this things?. Uncle Chris told me about it. He was living in Greece with Marko. While as for me, I lived in New York with my dad.

"Tell me Uncle, when will you and dad be okay?" He suddenly asked, still munching his fries.

"That I don't know" I answered.

As for now, I'm contented that Marko is already here in New York.

Will we ever be okay?.

Will his anger towards me fade?.

-- I hope so.

"You know what?. You're the best uncle anyone could have" he said sincerely

"And you're the best son anyone could have" I messed up his hair

"Do you want something else? Perhaps a chocolate shake?" I asked

"Make it Vanilla" he smiled.

That's my boy.

------------------------------------------------------Note: Thanks for reading my story guys. Next chapter will be updated soon:))))

Lots of love

-Jameela6