Chapter 20

Randell's POV

I was about to go to the airport; suddenly dad called me. He told me that he'll be telling something important. Since I still have two hours remaining before the flight; I agreed to go to the mansion. Maybe dad will just give me some advice that I can use for the orientation In Chicago. Dad doesn't know about my trip to Chicago; so I guess someone told him about It.

I really need his support now. Dad Is very good when It comes to words; which made him a very good speaker. He doesn't even need to prepare a speech. He just say what he wants to say. He makes sure that the words he's saying are coming from his heart. I adore him for that.

I drove all the way to dad's mansion; and finally I'm here now. One of his house maids saw me and she immediately opened the huge wooden gate.

As I enter the gate, the maid accompanied me in going inside the mansion.

The maid offered me to seat down on the sofa while waiting for dad to go down the stairs. I waited for a while, and finally I saw dad going down the stairs.

Dad walks like a true, rich billionaire. He looks handsome In his gray coat with matching white polo shirt and with black slacks as well. I'ts been a necessity for dad to wear business attire; even though he's just at home. He already considered It as his "house clothes".

"I'm glad that you came son" dad said as he began hugging me. That made me  confuse but I just let dad hug me.

"Uhmm...dad?" I asked. Dad released his hug now.

"I'm not allowing you to go to Chicago" Dad frankly said as he was staring directly at my eyes.

"What?!. I don't understand" I hopelessly said.

"I don't need to explain It to you. I've decided already; and I'm not going to change my mind" dad said It In a serious tone of voice; but he looks unsure of what he's saying. It seems like he's being bothered.

"No dad, I'll be going to Chicago NOW" I firmly said; as I emphasized the word "NOW".

I turned my back and was about to leave when suddenly dad yelled loudly.

"I forbid you to go to Chicago!" He angrily said as he pointed his finger at me.

He wouldn't tell me the exact reason why he's not allowing me to go to Chicago; and he expects me to follow his order? This Is too much.

"It's for your own good" he said calmly.

I went near him again; and waited for him to explain.

"Please, I'm begging you. Don't go to Chicago" Dad said; while holding at my hands.

I remembered Uncle Chris; this Is very important to him. And I won't fail him.

"Tell me dad, why won't you let me go?" I asked. It better be a good reason.

Dad remained silent for a while. He's been thinking of something. I hope he will tell me the truth.

"Tell me dad!" I shouted.

"I might be embarrass again!. For sure you'll be looking like a fool there  infront of many people!. I despise you" he finally said.

Ouch. My own father despises me; and It rully hurts me emotionally. I rather jump off a high building than to hear those kinds of words from my Dad.

I still stood infront of dad; waiting for him to take back what he said.

"Marko, will be the one to go there. I've already informed your Uncle Chris about It; so he won't be expecting you to come" Dad added.

What kind of dad Is he?. All my life he's been telling me what to do. I followed and respected him. I loved him. I cared for him.

Then now he will tell me that I'm a failure? And that he despise me?.

"Okay" I calmly said. I've been trying my best to avoid the tears that are about to fall from my eyes.

"I guess I won't work for you anymore...boss" I sincerely  said. "Don't worry, you'll never see me again" I added.

Dad watched me left his mansion.

I drove very fast; going to my condominium. I'm mad as hell and I don't know If I'll be going back to him; afterall the things he said to me earlier. He treated me as his servant and not as his son. How stupid of me for ending up like this.

I took out all of my anger by punching at the wall. I can see my fist bleeding; but I really don't care. I continued punching the wall; which made my fists bleed even more.

You deserve that Randell ; for being so stupid. (I thought to myself).

---------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my story guys!:). Please vote and put a comment If you like the story. Godbless all of you!