Chapter 14

Randell's POV

I've been calling dad for a while now; he's not answering his phone. Damn!...I need to talk to him regarding Marko's assistant.

It's now or never; I decided to go to dad's mansion despite with the heavy heart.

One of his maids noticed me standing outside the gate; so she immediately opened it for me.

"Come In Sir" His maid offered as she showed me the way inside

"Thanks" I replied

I entered the gate and decided to stay outside the mansion while waiting for dad.

Dad showed up in front of me and I can say that he looks disappointed. I bet Marko already told him what happened yesterday.

"Randell, I begged you to do this for me..but It seems that you have failed me..again" Dad said as he was staring at me

"Dad, Marko is so inconsiderate of his assistant" I explained; hoping that he'll understand me this time.

Dad held his hand up; as a sign of "I've had enough".

He began walking around me; and I feel uncomfortable of it.

"I believed In you son...you know that. Let's just say that I was wrong after all" Dad said as he was patting my back

Ouch. I thought he really believed In my abilities. after all this time, he was just testing me?. I feel as If the world Is so cruel to me. Life Is so unfair.

First, when I found out that Kendra (my ex fiancée) doesn't love me .

Second, me and Marko don't get along.

And now, these?. It really hurts a lot as hell. Especially If my own blood (father) doesn't believe that I can accomplish something.

I wasn't able to say a word. As a matter of fact, I really wanted to say what I truly feel ; but I can't. I just can't find the right words In how to say It to my dad. I was like freeze at the moment.

I nodded and slowly walked out. Dad didn't say a thing anymore and he watched me left.

Did he really meant all the words he said earlier?. Does he treat me as his son and not as an asset for his business?.

I decided to go to the company to do my job. I've been busy lately with my personal life ; and It mades me forgot my duties In the company.

As soon as I reached the building, I immediately called my assistant to present to me the works that I've missed for the past few days.

"Sir, you need to attend 5 more meetings and also to conduct a presentation for the board members. In addition, you were chosen as guest speaker for an orientation which Is held In Chicago" my assistant said as she was reading all those things from her records.

"Okay...thanks" I said as I signalled her to left my office.

I started browsing at the magazine that our company presented last month (June).

The theme of our magazine Is: Posh, Elegance, and Poise.

As I flipped at the last page of the magazine, I saw Kendra's photo there. I never knew she worked for our company.

I suddenly missed her.

(Note: Guys, please listen to the song "I'm not the only one" by Sam Smith. (Which I pasted on top of the chapter 14).And also while listening to the music, try to imagine and connect It with the situation of Randell now.. :)) )