Chapter 12

Randell's POV

After all the meetings I've been through, I decided to take a nap now In my condominium. To be honest, I still don't want to go back to dad's mansion; especially that Marko Is there. I just need to distant myself away from him. In that way, there wouldn't be any trouble between us. I've heard from dad that Stephanie (Marko's wife) and Luke (his son) will be staying here In New York for good. Five days remaining and they'll be here already. I wonder how Luke looks like now. I miss playing videogames with him.

I was about to close my eyes when suddenly my phone rang.

It's Dad..

I accepted the call and waited for dad to speak. "Randell, can you please do me a favor?" Dad asked

"What Is It, Dad?" I curiously asked. "I want you to go with Marko In the business proposal tomorrow. I know that you're very busy In regards with the board members but this Is also important to me..to our company" Dad said with a begging tone of voice

I kept silent for a while...First, he let Marko work In our company (even though Marko already has several companies In Greece) ,and now he wants me to work with him?. This Is too much to bear.

"Please?" Dad added; he must have noticed my silence for a while

I don't know what to do. Dad knows very well that Me and Marko don't get along.

"Sure..Dad" I melancholy said.

"Thanks son"

I ended up the call; and started thinking. I hope everything will be alright tomorrow.

-

-

-

-

-

The next Day....

I woke up early, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took a shower. I made sure that I look presentable . I wore my black tuxedo and matched It with my black pants; I also wore my blue necktie and black leather shoes. I decided to drive my car; since I'm not really used for other people to drive for me. I was able to go to the company just in time.

As I get out of the car, I saw that Marko Is already In the lobby waiting for me. I suddenly got nervous; especially when our eyes met from afar. I smiled at him and he just ignored me; looking at the other direction.

I came near him and took a deep breath...

I waited for him to say something but he remained silent for quite a long now; so I decided to speak up.

"Umm..where are we going? and what time should we leave?" I asked without looking at him directly.

"Why?..Are you In a hurry?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows. (Woahh...I'm just asking In a nice way...he doesn't need to be rude) I kept my thoughts to myself

"I'm just asking" I said while at the same time trying my best to give him a smile

He frowned at me..he was about to tell something when suddenly his personal assistant came; that made him divert his attention to his assistant.

"Why are you late?!...I told you to come early In order to give me the papers..right?!" he yelled to his assistant and gave her a deadly look. His eyes suddenly widen and his face suddenly turned Into red. Woahh he's mad.

"Sir..I was caught In a traffic and--" The assistant panickly explained; But Marko suddenly interrupted her.

Traffic?!..That's the lamest excuse I've heard In my entire life!" Marko raised his voice even higher

"But sir--"

No more excuses..you're fired" As soon as he said that he got the papers from his assistant's hand and left, His assistant suddenly cried ; and I tried my best to cheer her up.

I offered her my handkerchief; and she accepted It. She cried even more; and I noticed that some employees are already staring a t us and started whispering to one another.

"Sir..I'm telling the truth..I was caught In a traffic and my mom has sick so I needed to bring her In the hospital before going here" she said as she was using the handkerchief that I lended her.

How could my brother be so cruel?..he didn't even let his assistant explained everything and he suddenly decided to fire her just like that?

"Don't worry, I'll do my best to hire you back" I said

His assistant calmed down upon hearing those words from me. I know that she can't afford to lose her job; knowing that her mom Is sick.

A bodyguard came near me and told me that Marko Is now waiting for me In the car. I nodded In response and followed him.

As soon as the body guard opened the door of the car for me, I started talking to Marko even though I didn't come In yet. I was hoping that I could put some sense to him.

" Marko, we need to talk" I seriously said

"Theres nothing to talk about; I've made up my mind" He said as he looked at me badly

I don't know what happened to me; but I suddenly got mad!. I feel pity for his assistant while he (himself) doesn't care about other people's feelings.

"No! We need to talk" I said In a demanding tone of voice

He chuckled for a while and looked at me from head to toe.

He gave me his "I'm not afraid of you" look.

"Go away" he calmly said

"Huh? But we have a business proposal to attend" I confusingly said.

"Just Go away" he ordered. "I don't need you anyway" he added

I nodded and slammed the door of his car. This Is too much. I don't care even if dad will lecture me later; I didn't do anything wrong.