Chapter 17

Jena's POV

Today Is our rest day; since Sir Louie told us that we were able to earn enough money for the restaurant. Sir Louie gave me some dollars In order for me and Donatello to buy some ingredients needed for our pizzas. I woke up early to cook breakfast for Dad and Rain.

After cooking, I decided to take a bath and prepare myself. I've been waiting for Donatello; what's taking him so long?. Our call time was 8 am; but It's already 9 -_-

Rain came down stairs; he's already dressed for work. I know that he'll be going to work without even eating breakfast so I immediately offered him to eat with me. Good thing he didn't refused my offer; my brother has an habit of skipping two meals a day. Although sometimes he eats breakfast with us; but It's by force.

I put some pancakes and eggs In his plate and he started eating very fast. I started eating as well. We were halfway In eating our breakfast when suddenly I heard the sound of the bell ringing from upstairs.

Dad Is awake now. (I remembered before when Dad almost fell down the stairs when we haven't bought the bell yet. He was awake and he was calling us from downstairs to help him get up and sit on his wheelchair but we didn't hear him. Therefore, he tried his best to go down the stairs all by himself. Good thing Rain saw him and was able to catch him from falling down. As a result, we came up with an idea of buying a bell for dad. We instructed him to ring the bell once he's already awake; And whenever he needs something during the night--he would use the bell. From then on, we never encountered that problem again. The bell was really helpful).

"I'll get dad" I insisted. Rain nodded and continued eating. I went up and helped dad to go downstairs; I made sure that I guide him properly as we walk down the stairs. I placed dad on the sofa and went up again to get his wheelchair. As soon as I got down, I helped dad got up from the sofa and sat on his wheelchair. Me and Rain are used to it. It's already our daily routine; to help and protect our dad all the time. And that Is something that we wouldn't be tired of doing everyday.

"Wow. Pancakes!" Dad cheerfully said. "You're really good In cooking" Rain added as he got two more pancakes. I smiled In response; seeing my brother and Dad happy makes my day complete. Someone rang our doorbell and I went out to check who It Is.

It's Donatello. " I'm so sorry sister, I wasn't able to come here early" he said as he was fixing his hair. "It's okay, come In" I replied. I saw him carrying a paper bag In his hand and I opened the door for him; giving him a signal to come In. "Do I look okay?. Is there any dirt In my face?" he asked worriedly.

"No, you look fine. You must have put a lot of foundation In your face" I said.

"Really?" he took out his small mirror; and looked himself carefully. "Oh no, I don't want Rain to see me like this" he said as he was covering his face with his hands. "I'm sure he won't mind" I cheered him up.

I came In and he followed me. " Donatello, come join us" dad offered. "It's okay Uncle, I've already eaten my breakfast" he said as he was staring at Rain.

"Have a seat" Rain offered as he was pointing the seat next to him. he immediately sat on the chair and I saw him blush. Well I can't blame him; My brother is really handsome. Proud Sister here ^_^.

Rain was done eating.

"Jena, I'll be going now"

"Okay, enjoy your day and stay safe" I said as I helped him fixed his necktie. "Dad, you know what to do; don't forget the rules" Rain exclaimed. "Yes Sir" Dad answered as he was doing the "salute" gesture of the soldiers.

"Uhmm, wait...I have something for you" Donatello said. He handed the paper bag he was holding a while ago to Rain. "Wow, thanks. Now I have my launch already" he said as he saw the food inside the paper bag; he smiled In return. Donatello was like freeze at the moment; he wasn't able to respond. Rain left and I heard him mutter something to himself " I cooked that for you, my love" .

"Ahem" I pretended to cough. "Lets go now" .

I reminded dad of the so called "rules" that we made for him; he told me that I sound like a broken record for always reminding him about It. Well I just want to make sure of his safety -_-

Me and Donatello left and decided to get a taxi cab. After a while, we were able to arrive In the super mart. We were about to enter when suddenly a guy snatched my wallet.

I immediately run to chase that guy!. What he did was wrong and he should pay for It. We can't afford to lose the money!. My savings Is there as well as the money that Sir Louie gave us . I stopped running and gasped some breathe for a while.

Oh no, I can't see that guy anymore!. Where did he go? ; I started panicking. I asked the people around me If they've seen the guy who robbed the money; as to my despair, no one knows where the guy went. I wasn't able to control my tears; I don't have enough money to repay Sir Louie. Why should this things happen to me? I started to feel annoyed now. I turned back and started to walk back In the super mart where I left Donatello.

"Hey miss!, Is this yours?" the policeman asked. The other policeman was holding the hands of the guy who robbed the money.

"Yes, that's mine" I replied as I was not removing my look from that heartless guy.

"Thank you so much" I said as the policeman handed me my wallet. "Actually, there's a guy who chased this dude; If It weren't for him, this dude might have gotten your money already" the policeman explained.

I noticed that the guy has a black eye already. Whoever helped me Is truly an angel.

"We'll put this guy In jail now" the policeman said. "I told ya I just needed the money so badly! my wife Is sick!" he yelled as he was using his strength not to go inside the police car.

"Wait...take this" I said as I gave him 50 dollars (that came from my savings). the policemen got shocked as well as the guy who stole my money. I wasn't expecting that I'd do that. But I feel pity for him and I know within myself that he didn't mean to do it.

"Thank you" he said as he hold my hands. I nodded In reply. He went inside the police car without causing any trouble and I watched the car left.

"I've been looking everywhere for you" Donatello said ; he looks exhausted.

I showed him my wallet; His eyes widen and he started shouting In public. "Thank You God!. You're the best!"

"By the way, how did you manage to chase that guy?" he asked curiously

"It's a long story--I'll just tell you about It some other time" I said.

Whoever you are, thank you--I thought to myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my story guys! ^-^

God bless all of you

Hope you like the story so far; I promise to update the next chapter tomorrow.