61.

Omniscient

August followed Zay as he walked down the stairs. "You a sick ass nigga," August said.

"What you talking about?" Zay asked, already knowing.

"You can act like you don't what I'm talkin' about but I know you do. How you know where where we live? I kno' Roni didn't tell ya."

"Eve told me."

"Get ya lyin' ass out."

Zay kissed his teeth before leaving.

After Zay left the house, August decided to sit down and have a talk with Sheila and Roni. He no longer trusted the person that he use to call his best friend.

When he met up with Marcus, Marcus informed August that he went back to the crime scene and found something of Zay's. August tried his best to think of other ways that Zay's belongings could've gotten there, but he couldn't find any. It was clear as day that Zay was there.

"I don't know, August. Zay and I have been friends forever. Why would he try to kill me? It doesn't make any sense," Roni said as she held his hand. She didn't want to believe that Zay had anything to do with her accident.

She was suspicious that he knew where she lived and about the entire shooting situation though. All in all, he was her best friend.

"Listen ta me baybeh. He is not ta be trusted. I wouldn't have told y'all this if I didn't believe it."

"I don't trust him either, Devronica. I could smell the guilt on him when he walked through that front door. Don't go around him. Trust me when I say he has somethin' to do with that accident," Sheila said before dismissing herself from the room.

Roni sighed as she though about it. She just couldn't comprehend why Zay would want to kill her. All she had done for him and that's how he repaid her.

"Don't worry bout it too much. I brought food," August said while holding up a Zaxby's bag. Her mood was instantly brightened. Food was the cure for everything.

He leaned his back  against the bed frame and lifted Roni up so she could lean on his chest. "I'm hungry," he seductively whispered in her ear.

"Aug, the food is literally sitting in your lap."

"Nah, the food between yo legs."

Roni's face became red as she blushed. Due to their injuries, her and August hadn't been able to have sex. She was ready for whatever he had for her. "Well, I don't want my man to starve," she smirked.

He licked his lips before laying her down and getting up. Making his way to the foot of the bed, he grabbed Roni's legs and gently pulled her toward him.

He removed her sweats, followed by her underwear. Looking her over, he smiled. Her pregnant body turned him on even more. She just made anything look good.

His hands massaged her thighs as he inched his head closer to his property. He kissed the face of it, sending chills up Roni's body.

"I luh you, yunno that?"

"Yes," she said before he dove head first into her.
*******
Since Sheila found out who the potential killer could be, she decided to take matters into her own hands. The police were just moving to slow for her liking. She was to take action before Zay did. Something kept telling her that he was going to make another move before the police could do anything about it. They were too dumb to see that Roni and August were in extreme danger. Not only were they in danger, so were the children.

While Roni and August were in the heat of the moment, her phone vibrated on side of her.

"Don't answer it," August said, not wanting to stop.

"It might be the police."

Even though Roni didn't want to stop either, she felt like the call was probably important. Reluctantly, she grabbed the phone and answered it.

"Hello?" She managed to say.

"So, I heard you're not dead yet. That sucks," Jose said, through the phone while watching them have sex through their bedroom window.

Not really paying attention to what Jose was saying, she continued to let August please her

Not really paying attention to what Jose was saying, she continued to let August please her. "Don't stop," she moaned, causing Jose to groan. She never moaned when her and him use to have sex. It angered him a little to know that August could please Roni better than he could.

"Hang up the phone. Tell whoever dat is, you'll call em back later," August said, picking up the pace.

"If I wanted to, I could kill the both of you right now. By the way, nice bedroom."

Roni signaled for August to stop once she realized that it was Jose on the phone. "Where are you, you sick bastard? When I find you and ya lil clique, I will hurt all of y'all for trying to kill me and my babies!"

August snatched the phone out of Roni's hand. "Who the fuck is this?"

"Who do you think it is? I shot you in ya guts, remember?" Jose chuckled.

"Listen, as long as you don't come around me and my family, you good."

"I'm closer than you think. Y'all have a good taste in furniture," he said, ending the call.

Roni looked at August in tears. She was scared. "He's going to kill us August. He's knows where we are."

"Don't talk like that, ight? We ain't stayin' here tonight," he said picking up Roni's body and carrying her into the bathroom.

He took of his clothes, followed by hers. After stating the shower, the both of them got in. August held Roni up as she silently cried. She was terrified for her life which she thought would be short lived.

After showering and getting their clothes packed. August drove to a hotel that was about 2 hours away from where their house was. He was exhausted from all of the things that were going on and just wanted to sleep. They finallty arrived at the hotel after a tiresome ride. He looked over at Roni to see her peacefully sleeping. It calmed him since she barely ever slept.

He got out to get their luggage out of the trunk. He was startled once a shot went off. Quickly running over the passenger side, his whole world came crashing down once he seen a bullet shot through Roni's head.
*****************

Please don't hurt me y'all

Excuse mistakes and typos

Yours Truly,
Princess Nesh👑