22.

Angel in MM

August

I woke up ta a muffled vibration under my pillow. I glanced at the clock beside me. An unknown number appeared across my screen. I glanced at Roni befo answerin' it.

"Yeah?"

"Is this August?" I heard a female voice ask.

"Yeah," I said, going into the hallway.

"Oh, this is Angel. We need to talk about something."

I rubbed my hand ova my face. What the hell she wanted ta talk ta me fa? "About?"

"Just meet me in front of school in a few minutes."

I honestly wanted ta hear what she had ta say. I've been meaning ta apologize fa what I did anyways. "Ight," I said, endin' the call.

I walked back into my room and tapped Roni on her leg. "Baybeh?"

"Huh?" She asked, in a voice full of sleep.

"I'm goin' run ta the store, you want anything?"

"Yeah, bring me a Gatorade and some chips back," she said, slowly fallin' back ta sleep.

I kissed her cheek and threw on a shirt.

I pulled up ta the school and saw Angel sittin' on a bench. She looked even more beautiful than she looked last year. At one point, I thought she was the one. She was somebody I could kick it with. But I was young, and I wanted ta try mo.

I walked ova ta her a took a seat. "Wassup."

"Hi, I wanna talk ta you about our past."

I nodded fa her ta continue.

"So, you know what went down. You cheated on me and left me. Then, I heard you had a baby with this girl," she said.

"Okay, I'm sorry about that. And I don't even kno' if she's my biological daughter. I'm supposed ta be findin' out in a while."

"Anyways, now that you're dating my friend, I don't think she needs to know about that. That's why I pretended I didn't know you when she introduced us."

I nodded. "So we cool?"

She shook her head. "Oh no. Do you know how long I was confused about us? You hurt me and didn't even call to apologize."

"That's what you called me ova hea fa? You could've sent that in a text message," I said, gettin' up.

She rolled her eyes and started ta leave. I didn't feel like arguin' so I made my way ta my car.

**
Devronica

I sat on the couch with Aaliyah and watched t.v. I've been meaning to talk to her about Micah but I didn't wanna just jump on the subject. "So, we haven't talked in a while. What's up?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure you heard about me and Micah. I had no idea he knew you, by the way."

"It's fine. Why did y'all break up?"

"A girl sent me pictures of them together. What made it worse was, the pictures were taken a couple of hours before I went to his house and he took my virginity," she said, taking a deep breath.