43.

August

After Roni left fa work, it was just me, Asia, and the kids. She tried ta call in but I stopped her. She needed ta get back on her feet.

The children were still asleep but Asia was wide awake, tryin' ta fix some breakfast. She kno damn well she can't cook. Once they were awake, I was gon sneak them out the back so we could go ta iHop.

After takin' a shower, I walked into the kitchen to find Asia settin' the table. "How was your shower?" she asked.

"It was good. Whatchu cookin'?"

"I'm making red velvet pancakes with Nutella cinnamon rolls. My mom use to make it all of the time."

Ta be honest, it sounded good and I wanted ta try it out. "Sounds good," I said, kissin' her lips.

"When did that girl leave for work?" she asked with slight aggravation in her tone.

"Her name is Devronica and she left around 7."

"What does she do?"

"She works in the doctor's office," I said, grabbin' juice from the fridge.

"Oh."

"You gon have ta be nice ta her. She hasn't done you anything so you don't have a reason ta be actin' how you're actin'."

"I'll try," she said, puttin' the food into the plates.

"No, you will," I said, dismissing the conversation and goin' upstairs.

I walked into Amira's room ta find her wide awake. She was busying herself by playin' with the few dolls I bought her. "Hey lil mama," I said, sittin' beside her.

"Hi. Thank you for all of these," she said, gesturin' ta the dolls.

"It's no problem. Breakfast be ready inna bit. You can dress ya self?"

She nodded and gave me a hug. I smiled at her befo' makin' my way to Kay's room. He was up, cakin' on the phone. I knocked onna door, causin' him ta jump and fall out the bed.

"Awe. You can't be sneaking up on a nigga like that," he said, causin me ta laugh even more.

"My bad. I came ta tell you that breakfast gon be ready inna bit. What time ya lil yeah comin' by?" I asked.

"My lil yeah? What's that?"

I shook my head. I hate explainin' slang ta people. "Lil yeah, as in girlfriend."

"Ohhhh. I like that but anyways, she coming at 11:00."

"Ight coo," I said befo leavin' his room.
*****

Devronica

I took a sip from my water bottle just as I seen Zay and Angel in the corner of my eye. "Hey bitch," Angel said, causing all eyes to look in her direction.

"My bad y'all," she semi-yelled to the people.

I shook my head as they walked up to my desk. Zay kissed my forehead and Angel hugged me. "Roni, you have been MIA for a while now. I was starting to worry about you," Angel said.

"Yeah, me too. You need me to beat Jose ass? Cause I will," Zay joined in.

"Yeah, I'll cut that nigga," Angel said, digging through her purse.

I stopped her. "Are y'all forgetting that we are in a public place? Calm down before people call the police," I said.

"I don't care. Don't think you slick either, I know you caking with August," she said, causing me to blush.

I've thought about doing a million things with August, and 'caking' wasn't just one of them. "Really Angel? He has a fiancé," I said, signing off some doctoral papers.

They both sucked their teeth. "Girl, who is that stopping? If you wanted August, you could have him," she said.

"But I don't want him," I lied.

"Lie again," Zay said.

I conversed with them until it was time for me to go home. I missed my kids and I just wanted to hold onto them tightly.

The new phone I purchased, rang in the back pocket of my scrubs. I digged out to see an unknown number flash across the screen. I slid the bar over and placed it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey babe, it's me," Jose's voice rang through my ear.

"What are you calling me for? We are done. You are a lunatic who needs immediate help."

He laughed before the line went silent. "See ya soon," he said, hanging up afterwards.

Me being the scary person I am, I started looking around the parking lot before sprinting to my car like a track star even though my side hurt like a bitch.

I didn't know what Jose had up his sleeve but didn't wanna find out.
****

I walked through the door and was lifted off of my feet by Kay. Seeing him brightened my mood and made me slightly forget about the phone call I received earlier. "Hey mama," he said, carrying me into the living room.

"Hey baby," I said as he put me onto the sofa.

"I just had a wonderful day," he said with a huge smile on his face.

"And why was that?"

"August and Asia went toy shopping and I had my lil yeah come over."

I raised a brow at him. "Lil yeah?"

"Yunno...like my girlfriend."

"Awe, she's your girlfriend?" I asked, pulling him into a hug.

"Nah, ion wanna rush into nothing but, hopefully it come to that point."

"Umhm. Where's Asia?"

"She in the bathroom. I'll be in my room if ya need me," he said before storming up the stairs.

Suddenly, Asia came out of the bathroom and took a seat on the couch. Does this bitch not see me.

"Hi," I said politely.

She looked at me before turning her attention back to the TV. Oh hell nah.

"Do you speak English?"

"Quite frankly, I do. And don't think I don't know what you're tryna do."

"Oh really? Can you please explain to me what I'm trying to do," I said, shocked that she was talking to me like she was crazy.

"You're playing this little game like you need August's help when all you wanna do is just get back together. Well guess what bitch, I'm his fiancé and he only cares about me!"

This nappy headed ass hoe. "Look lil bitch, if I wanted August, I could have him. I had him first, and I can take him from you. I came here because I needed his help! He offered his help to me, and took him upon his offer. Now, if you have a problem, take it up with August," I said before bucking at her and making my way up the stairs with my crutches.

******
Wessuh? 😊

Excuse mistakes and typos

💍