60.

August

I looked in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. It was about 8 inna mornin' and Marcus had wanted ta see me. He had an idea on who the person who shot Roni could be.

I don't understand how she managed ta make somebody so mad enough ta where they'd try ta kill her. She one of the nicest people ever so it don't make sense.

Afta freshenin' up, I walked out of the bathroom and into our room. Roni was up, playin' on her phone. She hadn't been gettin' much sleep since the accident and it had me worried. "Baybeh, why you not sleep?"

"I'm not tired Aug," she whined.

"Can you go ta sleep fa me? I kno' you tired. You been up since 4 and didn't go ta bed until 12."

"I have to watch the house while you're gone."

"And how you gon do that if you can't get out the bed by yoself? Everything is handled. Joseph watchin' the house ta make sho nobody come in. Also, my mama be hea in like 30 minutes. You jus need ta go ta sleep."

"Fine, I'll go to sleep. What time will you be back?"

"About two hours," I said, bendin' down ta kiss ha lips.

"I love you. Be careful."

"I luh you too baybeh."

Afta grabbing my coat off the rack, I made my way outside ta my Rolls Royce. I didn't kno' what Marcus had planned fa us. But I was ready fa whateva.
******
Omniscient

Roni tossed and turned as she tried to go back to sleep. Even though she was extremely tired, there was no way she could go to sleep. She was to worried about if someone would break into the house or not. Joseph was going to make sure no one did though.

She looked up at the ceiling with a frown fixed up on her face. Ever since August left, she found herself scared and bored. She wouldn't feel that way for long since Sheila was on her way.

The doorbell rang causing a smile to play on Roni's lips. Sheila was there and was ready for whatever came her way.

Sheila made her way up the stairs and walked right into August and Roni's room without knocking. She just wanted to see Roni. She loved her with all her heart and almost had a heart attack when she found out that her and August had been in the hospital.

Roni turned her head to see her and smiled. She loved Sheila like a second mother. "Hey my baby," Sheila said, walking over to Roni with a smile on her face.

"Hi," Roni said excitedly as she wrapped her arms around her small frame

"Oh, look what they've done to my baby. You need me to get you anything?" Sheila said, looking over Roni's body as she lay flat on the bed with a back brace on.

"Nothing at all. I'm just so happy to see you. How long are you staying?"

"Until they catch them heathens. They better be glad I'm a Christian, cause if not, I would've been found they asses and dragged em. Tryna kill my babies. Who do they think they are?"

Roni laughed as Sheila talked. Her accent made everything she said sound funnier than it already was. "I'm pretty sure they'll catch them. It turns out there were three instead of two."

"What the hell? So you mean to tell me, three people were trying to kill y'all? This don't make no sense. Do they know who the third person was?"

"No, that's why I'm so scared. According to them, I know this person."

"Oh baby girl don't be scared, August and I gotchu covered. Nothing's going to happen to you in our care. Where is he anyway?" Sheila asked, taking out her phone to call August.

"He should be back any minute now. He had something to do with my daddy."

The door bell rang and Sheila walked down stairs to see whoever it was. Zay was standing there with flowers and and get well ballons in his hand. Joseph knew that Zay was a close friend of Roni's so he let him in.

Sheila looked him up and down before throwing her lips to the side. "And who might you be?" She asked.

"I'm Zay. Roni and I are close friends. I came to drop these off and see her."

"Umhm," she said, looking him up and down. "Follow me."

Sheila led him into the master bedroom, not once taking her eyes off of him. She felt like something about him was off.

"Wassup," he said, causing Roni to look up and smile. She was more than happy to see Zay. He was the only friend she had left.

"I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too. Here, I bought these for you," he said, handing her the things had had bought.

"Thank you."

"This is a nice room," he said, admiring his surroundings.

"Thank you," Roni said, now frowning

"Thank you," Roni said, now frowning. She was trying to figure out how Zay had found out about her and August being shot. She didn't tell anyone. August didn't tell him. So who did? He also had no idea where they lived since the move. These things were odd to her.

"I'd hate ta cut things short but we about ta leave so we'll see ya later Zaybrien," August said, walking into the room

After the information August had just found out, he didn't trust Zay. He was a suspect to him.
***************

This was short y'all. I just wanted to get something up

Excuse mistakes and typos.

Yours Truly
Princess Nesh👑

Yours TrulyPrincess Nesh👑