59.

August

1 week later

I rubbed Roni's baby bump as she laid on my lap. Her back was still kinda fucked up from the shot but, the doctor said it was gon heal in a month. On the otha hand, my stomach was healin' nicely. It didn't hurt as much as it use to. Angel and Jose still had it comin' though. Marcus and I would start lookin' fa they ass when I got better.

"Babe, I'm hungry," Roni said.

"What you wanna eat?"

"Whatever you feel like cooking."

"Na who said I was cookin'?"

"Babeee. Pleaseee. I want some popcorn shrimp," she whined.

I threw my head back. "What I get if I cook fa you?"

"All of my love."

"Ion want that shit," I joked.

She opened her mouth ta say somethin' but then closed it. I watched as she attempted ta raise up off my lap.

She gasped and plopped back down. I could see tears formin' in her eyes. I assumed it hurt when she sat up.

"Baybeh, you ight? I was just playin', I love you."

"I love you too August, but my back is killing me," she pouted.

"Ight, I'm goin' get some icy hot fa ya," I said, slowly gettin' up. I grabbed the crutches the doctor gave me from on side of the couch and made my way into the downstairs bathroom.

Once inside the bathroom, I looked inside the medicine cabinet for our medicine and the icy hot. I've been pretty much takin' care of my baybeh. She couldn't move around to much since her back was messed up. The doctor said it would heal in about 2 months which would be just in time for us ta get married.

We had been plannin' ever since I proposed ta her. This time, I was actually excited about plannin' the weddin'. I guess it was because I was marryin' the right woman.

"Aug, hurry the fuck up!" Roni yelled, pullin' me out of my thoughts.

I came out of the bathroom and looked around. "Guh, who you talkin' to?"

"You. Now gimme my shit."

I sat down so she could sit up and lean on my chest. Taking the two pills out of the capsule, I handed one ta her so she could swallow it. I then swallowed mine and topped it back up.

My phone rang loudly on the arm of the sofa. To my surprise, Asia's name popped up on the screen.

"So this girl don't learn. Gimme that phone," Roni said, reachin' her hand out.

I chuckled before handing it over ta her. She put it on speaker and waited fa her ta say somethin'. 

"August, I just wanna apologize for everything. I know I was wrong for cheating on you but I wasn't feeling loved. You wouldn't touch me or kiss me anymore. I loved you, and I still do. I'm so sorry for what Jose did to you and Devronica. Also, tell her that I'm sorry for hurting Kayden in a way I know I shouldn't have. He didn't deserve that. He's just a child. Tell her I don't want any problems with her. I have a mental illness and can't control what I do sometimes. Forgive me."

"Okay, August is listening but this is Devronica speaking. I'm going to be honest with you. I don't accept your apology because I think it's complete bullshit. You knew what you were doing. You're a grown ass woman who can control herself a little bit. I don't think a mental illness would drive someone to rape a child. Girl, you really don't know what you got coming for you. You better hope that I forgot about this situation in a couple months because if not, I'm gon beat yo ass. Remember that. Oh, and don't ever call his phone again."