13.

August

My alarm clock woke me up, and I threw it against the wall. My mama walked into my room and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hey, maw."

"Goodmornin' my baybeh," she said, sitting on my bed in the process.

"Whea Jala at?"

"In the kitchen. She makin' breakfast fa you."

I laughed and shook my head. "Nah. She might be tryin' ta poison me."

My momma lightly hit my shoulder, and left. I got out of the bed, and brushed my teeth.

I walked downstairs and attacked Jala with a bear hug. "Hey, witcho fat ass head," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Ew, get off me, ugly," she said, pushin' me.

"Aaliyah and August, stop all dat cursin'," momma said, interrupting us.

"Momma, dat was him cursin'."

"You a lil snitch."

She rolled her eyes, and threw a egg at me. I dodged it, and it hit momma on the back. She slowly turned around, and took the egg off her back. "Who da hell threw this damn egg at me?"

Jala's eyes got big, and we both started laughin'. "Maw, dat was Jala."

She reached into the fridge, and rubbed her finger in some icin'. She walked ova ta Jala, and put it on her nose.

"Momma, I jus washed my face," Jala whined.

"Awe, lil Aaliyah mad," I said, making sure ta say her first name.

"Shutup, and I only let my friends call me by my first name."

"What friends? You don't have no friends ma" I said, laughing.

She once again rolled her eyes, and handed me my food. I took it up ta my room, and begin eatin'.  We neva eat together as a family. It's jus somethin' we don't do. I texted Roni, and took a bite out of my pancakes.

Me: Hey baby
Babyron👫💍: Hey Auggy.
Me: You jus wakin up?
Babyron👫💍: yeah. You?
Me: Nah, not really. Aaliyah made me some food
Babyron👫💍: who is Aaliyah?
Me: Aaliyah is Jala's real name. Btw I can't wait fa y'all to meet.
Babyron👫💍: oh, that's pretty. I can't wait to meet her too.
Me: I'm so tempted to come thru. It's only been a day and I miss ya so much
Babyron👫💍: I miss you too baby boy. Friday is in a few days. Chill
Me: don't be telling me to chill 😂

Roni called me and I picked up. "Man, why you on my line?"

"Chill," she said, laughing afterwards.

"Get off my line witcho hard headed ass," I said, joining in with her laughter.

"Whatever little boy."

We talked for a lil while, and I hopped in the shower. After I took my shower, I headed ta Rich house. I haven't seen my lil nigga in a hot minute.

I pulled up to Rich's house, and saw Mercedes car parked in the driveway. I hate the fact dat  she live hea. I be still tryin' ta cope with her since they siblings, and Rich my best friend.