37.

Devronica in MM

Devronica

I pulled into an empty parking space at Amira's daycare to pick up her and Kayden. I looked into the mirror to make sure I didn't have any marks on my face before getting out.

This morning was hell when he found me asleep in the guest room. He put on this sweet act and pretended to be sorry about hitting me. As always, I accepted his apology to avoid another argument.

I stepped into the daycare and Amira immediately came running towards me. She grabbed onto my legs and looked up at me. "Mommy! mommy!mommy!"

"What's up baby?"

"Kay won't leave me alone."

I chuckled a little. Everyday, they do the same thing. She comes running up to me and complains about Kayden. 

Kayden walked up to us and gave me a hug. "Hey momma," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby. What did you do to your sister?"

"Nothing. She just want a conversation."

She kicked him and I picked her up. "Y'all say sorry to each other," I said.

He sucked his teeth. "Sorry Kay," Amira said.

"Kayden Garcia...say sorry," I said.

"I'm sorry Mir Mir," he said, calling her by that silly nickname Jose gave her.

"I love you," she said, reaching her arms out to him. He grabbed her and kissed her all over her face. "I love you more," he said.

We left the daycare and hopped inside the car. I made conversation with Amira about daycare before turning my attention over to Kayden. "How was school?"

"It was ight. Today I found out that I be pulling," he said.

"Pulling? Pulling what?" I asked.

"Them girls ma. Turns out..they love them some Daddy Kay," he said, causing Amira to laugh.

I burst out laughing and hit the steering wheel. "Daddy Kay? Boy you need to cut it. Do you like any of the girls back?"

"Some of them ight. But they got this new girl at school, her name's Simone."

"Is Simone pretty?" Amira asked.

"Is she? Shooo..that guh-"

"Aye boy, watch ya mouth," I said.

"Lemme show y'all a picture," he said, handing me his phone.

"Awe, she's cute Kay," I said, handing him his phone back

"Yeah, she laid back to. I like that. My last girlfriend had me bent."

"I didn't like her," Amira said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"She was ratchet," she replied.

Kay sucked his teeth and looked out the window.

I love my children.
******
We stepped into the house and the kids immediately ran to their rooms..as always.

Jose came out of the kitchen with a pan of pancakes. "Hey baby."

"Hi," I said, attempting to walk upstairs. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Baby, I'm sorry about this morning. I didn't take my medicine," he said, with sincerity in his eyes.

"Jose, you hurt me. I have bruises up and down my leg," I said, trying to contain my tears.

"Baby I'm sorry. You know my condition. I don't like hurting you baby, but it happens when I don't take my meds. I love you ight? I'm sorry," he said, putting the pan down and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I have to run to the store, I'll be back," I said, getting up to leave.

I got in my car and took off. I hated that Jose had a bipolar disorder. It was out of control.
***
August

I pulled into the driveway of Walmart. I jogged to the door and grabbed a basket. I turned around ta find the beautiful girl I feel in love with, at the vending machine. "Roni?"

She turned around when I called her name. "Oh my gosh...August?"

I let go of the cart and picked ha up, twirlin' ha around. She looked gorgeous and hadn't aged at all. "Baybeh girl, you look amazin'."

"Thanks, you look good too."

"Well yunno, I do my thang," I said, poppin' my collar.

"Yeah, I know."

"It's been so long ma," I said.

"Can you put me down?" she chuckled and spoke in the accent that she use ta hide.

"Oh, my bad," I said, putting her down.

I just couldn't get ova the fact that I hadn't seen ha in so long. She looked so beautiful and I regretted everything I put ha through.

"You wanna talk?" she asked.

A smile spread across my face. "Of course."

******

Goalssssssss!

Excuse mistakes and typos
💍