26.

Devronica and August in MM

Devronica

Jasmine and I walked into school and went directly to the office. Today was her first day and we needed to get her schedule. By the look on her face, I could tell she was excited. I don't know why though. There's nothing special that happens here. As we waited, I noticed her bouncing her foot up and down. "Are you nervous?" I asked, breaking the silence.

She shook her head. "Nope, I'm just excited to finally meet Zay in person. He doesn't know that I'm here. I wanted to surprise him."

"I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to see you," I said, flashing her a small smile.

"Doesn't your boyfriend go here to?"

"Yeah, he doesn't know about you yet. I wanted y'all to meet at the dinner we're supposed to be having but, oh well, " I said with a shrug.

****
We walked over to our regular corner. Jasmine stood behind me so Zay wouldn't see her. She waited until we got over there before tapping on his shoulder. He immediately recognized her and lifted her off the ground. Angel looked at them with confusion and I lowkey felt bad for her.

"I can't believe you're here," Zay said, kissing all over her face.

I looked at them with a wide smile on my face. They looked so cute together. I've never seen Zay so happy. August looked at me weird. "Who is that girl?" he asked.

"That's my sister."

"I thought you said you were an only child."

"Turns out I'm not. I'll explain it to you later," I said, sitting on his lap. I glanced over at Angel who looked confused and aggravated at the same time. She glanced at me and gave me a confused look. August pulled me closer to him and kissed my neck. "We should do somethin' afta school. You free?" he whispered in my ear.

A smile crept across my face and I nodded. "Yeah, after the dinner, I guess we could go somewhere."

"Shit, I forgot about dat."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm telling you."

Desire and Aaliyah walked over to us and I felt his body tense up under me. I slightly turned around to see an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Hey y'all," Aaliyah and Desire said in unison. We all spoke and Desire motioned for August to follow her. I pretended to not notice as I got off his lap. "I'll be back baybeh," August said.

I nodded and watched him follow Desire. I waited until they were a good distance to follow them.

I trusted August but, that message she sent him the other day had me thinking. They stopped by a vending machine and I leaned up against the wall.

"Does she know yet?" Desire asked.

"Nah, I didn't tell her. I started to but, I chickened out. Ya really think I should tell ha?" August said.

"No, she doesn't need to know about it. I just can't stop thinking about us. I've never wanted someone so much. I miss what we use to have," Desire said.

I raised a brow and continued to listen.

"Desire, I told you that I love my girlfriend. I'm not about to leave her ova dat lil thing dat happened. I already feel bad enough."

"We'll talk about this more later, they're probably wondering where we went," Desire said.

I quickly ran back to our normal corner and sat down. "What were you running for?" Angel asked.