Chapter 14: cheer

^^Cheerleading tryout routine and  outfit^^

Ruby PoV

Next day

" hey Ruby did you think about the cheer tryouts today" Jemima said as soon as I got out the car "I don't know ok" I say "you don't know the try outs are today you got to come and show these sluty blondes that being a cheerleader doesn't mean you get to sit around flirting with the football team it means team work to make a unique type of dance" she says kicking her leg up and making the rest of her body into a y shape

"why is everyone more flexible then me" Brooke huffs out I laugh. "Are you going to tryout or what" Jemima says shaking my arm begging me with her evil eyes that are always up to something I was about to answer when a husky voice stops me "try out for what" I turn round to see ash smiling at me "cheerleading practice" Jemima says with the evil glint in her eye 'oh crape' I think "oh ash you play on the football team.don't you think she would be a grate addition to the cheer team" she said with a sly smirk forming on her lips.'that little bi..."I don't normally agree with Jemima but I think you should" ash said interrupting my thoughts "yeah my sister is right you should tryout" says hunter as the rest of the group nodes their heads in agreement even my own brothers who knows why I stopped dancing but truthfully im not surprised they loved it when I danced ever science I was little and the was distraught when I stopped "come on sis you have always love dancing look I even got a video" chase says getting he's phone find the video he finely finds its a video with me and my mum when I was little

^^ the dance video with her mum ^^

IT was silent for a moment before someone finally spoke "wow you good who's the lady in the back" hunter says I fell my brothers stiffen and all stare at me like I'm going to explode any minute "that's my mum she tout me everything I know" I say with a small sad smile "what happened to your mum I mean" tj asks almost shyly "she died in a car accident when I was 12" i say as I fell tears well up in my eyes soon my body is wrapped up in drakes body and that's when I finally let the tears drop "shhh don't worry we're here for you" drake whispers. I pull back a little to see he's face 'thank you' I mouth to him pulling away. It's very rare to see drakes soft side because he's normally he's happy cheery self but he dose have a soft side I know that when he was younger he was younger he's mum was really ill and he's dad just upped and left him with he's Ill mum and little sister so he had to grow up quick but still be he's childish self.

It's silent for a minuet until I speak "I'll do it" I say and they snap there heads to me "do what" Brooke asks pulling a face making laugh "go to tryouts" I say as soon as the words leave my mouth Jemima starts to jump around like a crazy person "yes yES YES" 😆 she says jumping on me then squeezing the life out of me "jem if you want her to try out she has to be a live" Drake said slowly pulling her off me "yeah now I brought you a spear uniform for tryouts    She said pulling out a string jd bag with the cheerleading kit in it "its at lunch time but I'll bring you because with have the same class so don't worry about that " she says just In time for the bell to ring "alright I got it see you later" I say walking away  "what made you change your mind" ash said running up to me. I give a small smile " we only live once and you never know when that will end" I say walking into my first class room.

-----------Lunch time ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time for tryouts!" Jemima shouted in my ear as we walked to the changing room "ok woman no need to scream in my ear" I say uncovering my ears. We soon get to the changing room I quickly get changed along with the other people who are trying out  and a few other cheerleaders but most are already in the sports hall I look at myself with it and I'm surprised at the outfit from what I've seen most of the cheer team live up to the rumours about cheerleaders being sluty who sleep with half the school but I actually  like this uniform "ready" Jemima says and I just node my head and walk out an go to the spots hall.

As I walk in I see Julia standing in front of the cheerleading squad next to her that's when I see I only just noticed on her kit she has the head cheerleading badge "jem you didn't tell me Julia is the head cheerleader" I whisper yell "oh didn't I ok Ruby Julia is head cheerleader" she says in a mater of fact tone "no you don't say" I say sarcasm dripping from my mouth "oh but did say just then" she says smiling I roll my eyes "jem you know she doesn't like me and trust the felling is Mutual" I say as I put my bag by the bleachers then follow the other tryouts all the way I can fell Julia Burning holes at the back of my head.

Just then the gang barge through the door all smiling I see a lot of the girls smile as they see the boys I roll my eyes really I really want to laugh at them but some how mange to keep a straight face."ok girls attention as you know my name is Julia head cheerleader I make all the decisions if you get cut or if your on the team so learn you place" as she says this she stares at me I really want to roll my eyes but don't she Wants me to get angry but I won't give her the satisfaction "ok we are going to show use the dance first then you copy" she says turning round to face the mirrors along the wall and shows us the dance

after learning the routine they made us do it to music. The routine was simple well for me at least but my mum got me into dance along with cheerleading but as I was doing the routine I could see Julia stealing waiting for me to make a mistake.

"Ruby that was pathetic go again" Julia shouts I sigh and do it again half way through it she shouts again "you so slow it look likes your marking it go again" I clench my teeth to stop me from screaming at her. I'm going the same Pace as everyone els. As I go again one of her little minions that I recognise from the party walks past as she walks past she gave me a slight push that wasn't noticeable but with enough strength to make me fall to the floor.

"That's it your out" Julia shouts making everyone stop and look "you can't do it with out falling on the floor"that bitch planed this but I can't say I'm surprised that bitch is evil all the way through "you planed this so you had a reason to kick me out" I say standing up "no I didn't but maybe If you wasn't so crap you wouldn't have have fell over like that and have to be kicked out" she spits "you never wanted me here in the place so quit the act your not fooling anyone but yourself" I spit walking away I quickly walk to my bag what is next my friends and leave.

See to tell the truth I know I wasn't going to get in the squad but really wanted to I've loved dance since I was a baby and it makes me fell closes to my mum that's why I stopped I wasn't ready it brought back pain but now I fell I can control it but I guess I'll have to find other ways to do dance.

Not even a minuet later the gang came out laughing even Jemima "jem what are doing out here don't you need to stay and help out" I say confused "that's only if you are a cheerleader I quite" she said in a 'duu' tone "why" I ask "we're friends your more important and I can't be there any longer with them wannabe pole dancers" she says making us all laugh

Man I got the best friends ever