Chapter 6. Sharing Stories.

Chapter six.

Chapter 6

We arrived home. Nathan was going to get the guards to trace the number. We will know in a week who it was.

Right now we were all in the living room just talking.

- Yeah I guess that's true. - Tom said.

- Hey Kate, we all shared our past with you it's only fair if you share yours with us. - Nathan said.

I looked at him.

- Well.... There's nothing to tell. - I lied. I didn't want them to know about my past. I didn't want anyone to know.

- Come on. We all know you're lying. - Tom said.

I stood up and started backing away slowly. Jay rushed over to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

- Okay fine... - I took a deep breath. - well... My parents put me in that orphanage when I was a year old because they didn't want me. They didn't care about me, so they put me in the nearest one. It was also the poorest one. That's why I'm so skinny. They didn't feed us much. Or sometimes, not at all. Then my first Foster parents adopted me when I was a year and a half. They kept me for a year but then they died in a car crash because of me. Then I went back to that orphanage. Then when I was 4 a man adopted me. His name was Ryan. The first week he bought me nice things to gain my trust. Then after that he started abusing me. Made me sleep in a closet... Hit me.... R-r-raped me. After a year he got tired of using me so he sent me back to the orphanage. Then six months later a gay married couple came. Todd and Bill. They adopted me. They seemed nice at first. But then the same stuff happened. And after them there were 6 more. Greg, Colin, Andrew, Harry, John and Fred. All with the same result. I still have problems with trust. Sometimes I think they're gonna come back and do the same things... - at this point I was crying.

I never wanted this life. I wanted to be just like everyone else. Happy. But I guess that will never happen.

- Oh god. We're so sorry. - Jay said.

Right now Max was hugging me. I was still crying.

THEY JUST DONT GET THAT I DONT WANT TO BE TOUCHED DO THEY?!

- Can I ask you something?- Siva said.

- Sure. - I replied.

- Do you trust us?

I looked up at him. I thought for a minute. Then got the courage and replied:

- Not really... - I replied hesitantly.

- Hey, we will never hurt you. Ever. You're like family now. - Max said.

- That's what they said... - I whispered hoping nobody would hear me. Sadly, everyone did.

That was the last thing I said before drifting off to sleep.

*the next morning*

I woke up in my bed. There was a note on my counter.

"Went to buy food. Didn't want to wake you up. Be back at around 1. ~ Nathan, Siva, Max, Tom, Jay."

I didn't bother to look at the time. I took out my guitar and started playing what doesn't kill you ( stronger ) by Kelly Clarkson. I started singing along.

*after song*

I finished playing. I heard clapping coming from behind me. It was The boys.

- You have a beautiful voice. - Jay said.

- Thanks.

- Come to see we share a lot if the same qualities. - he paused. - can we get a DNA test?

I though about it for a second.

- Why the hell not?- I replied.

Max and Jay went to the hospital for the DNA test. All they had to do was take some of my hair.

I went downstairs. The security guard that was tracing the number was with The boys and they were talking about the number. I decided to hide in the staircase.

- So did you find out who it is?

- Yes. It's a man named Ryan Perema. We looked at his background and he was the man who abused Katelyn.

- Oh god. - Nathan said.

- I think we should wait to tell her. - Tom said.

That's when I decided to walk in.

- Tell me about what? - I looked at them trying to hide what I felt inside.

- That we couldn't find out who the guy was. - Siva said.

- Oh. - I said. I can't believe they would lie to me. I just couldn't.

That's when Jay walked in he spotted me and started running in my direction. I panicked and started backing up. But I wasn't quick enough. He lifted me off the floor and spun me around.

- Oh happy day! - he sung.

- What? - I asked concerned. - is this about the test results?

- Yes. Indeed it is.

- So?? What are they?! - I asked impatiently.

- You're my sister!! - he said to me.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I finally found my family.

I shrieked and hugged him.

- We must celebrate! And I know the perfect place! Go get your swimsuit! - he said.

- Okay! - I ran upstairs.

----------------------------------------------

Vote

Comment

Share

~Kat

Whatever It Takes. (The Wanted Fan-Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara