The Price Of Holding On

Start from the beginning

He fast forwarded the video, pausing it after a few minutes  and turned the phone towards me, while simultaneously  pressing play.

"Nicholas . . . Nicholas . . . Nicholas."

My eyes widened and I covered my mouth with shaking hands as images of Nicholas and I from last night flashed across the phone's screen.

"H-How_________?"

Quinn smiled mockingly at me, snapping the phone shut and placing it in his pocket.

"That's right, Nicholas didn't tell you . . . he's been recording your bedroom activities from the beginning and shows the videos to the pack for our enjoyment."

"No, Nicholas wouldn't________."

"Like he wouldn't let me rape you or take your pups away from you?"

A sudden suspicion hit me and I pushed aside my humiliation to focus on something much more important.

"Why did you bring up my pups?"

"Your pups? The only pup you have is that Omega brat."

I backed away towards the bed where Desmond lay sleeping, blocking him from view and Quinn chuckled in amusement.

"You really are too much. If I wanted that Omega, I'd have taken him by now, after all, who do you think has your other pups?"

"You're lying."

"You can believe that if you want, you can just wait until the end of the week to find out the truth."

My legs gave out from under me and I collapsed to the floor, even if Quinn hated me enough to lie to me, I knew for a fact that he would get more enjoyment out of torturing me with the realization that he was the reason I'd never see my kids again. Grinning with satisfaction, Quinn made his way over to the door, letting himself out. As he disappeared down the hall, he let one final parting shot echo back to me.

"Take care of that pup of yours, Luna, Alpha Nicholas already has a buyer lined up for him."

No! No! No! He can't take Desmond away from me! He's already taken so much, please not the last of my pups too! I could feel the tears slipping down my cheeks and I forced myself to my feet, snatching off my clothes before stumbling to the door and out into the hall . . . if I had been a little calmer, I might have wondered why Quinn had left the door open or why he had come to see me in the first place, but my mind was clouded with a single thought . . . I can't let him take anything else away from me! I've already lost everyone that I care for in this world, if he takes Desmond away from me, I'm going to find a way to make sure I'm not around long enough to feel the pain.

Nicholas's pov

I calmly placed my signature on the last of the paperwork cluttering up my desk, listening for the door to my office to click open.

"I did what you said."

I lifted my head, starting at Quinn coldly.

"Really? Because I don't remember telling you to reveal the location of the pups to him or to tell him my plans for that Omega he's caring for."

"It won't effect your plans. Besides I didn't tell him everything, did I? He doesn't know that__________."

Quinn let his words fall away and we both turned to find Jamie standing in the doorway. He dropped to his hands and  knees, crawling across the floor until he was in front of me. With a shaky hand he unfastened and unzipped my pants, reaching trembling fingers into my boxers and took out my semihard length.

"Jamie, what are you______?"

My words were cut off by a hiss of pleasure as Jamie took the head of my cock into his mouth, his tiny hands stroking up and down to bring me to full hardness. I looked at Quinn with heavily lidded eyes, amused at the mixture of shock and lust in his gaze as he watched Jamie.

"You can go now Quinn."

Jerking his attention back to me, he gave a distracted nod, standing and practically running out the door. Jamie took a little more of my length into his mouth, bobbing his head up and down and I grabbed onto his hair, pushing down his head to make him take even more. Hollowing his cheeks, Jamie created a suction that had me thrusting my hips in an effort to get him to take me all the way. He had never done this before and it was a combination of the unexpectedness of his actions and the pleasure my body was feeling, but I wanted him then and there. I pulled myself out of his mouth and pulled him to his feet, prepared to strip his clothes off of him, my arousal quickly replaced by anger when I  realized he was already naked.

"Did you come here like this?"

"Isn't this what you want from me? An always naked, always willing mate?"

"Your body is for my eyes only."

Jamie didn't answer and when I lifted his head, I realized his eyes were empty of emotion.

"You will never do something like this again."

"But I'm just giving you what you want, Nicholas . . . a broken doll that can't think for itself and will do anything you say without any respect for itself."

"Is that what you really think I want?"

"Isn't it?"

"Of course not! I just want your loyalty, is that too much to ask of my Luna?!"

"I never wanted to be your Luna, Nicholas. I never wanted to mate with you or bear your pups. You and this pack took away every choice I had."

"If you'd just give me your heart, I wouldn't have to discipline you anymore."

Jamie shook his head, backing away from me.

"I will never love you the way you love me, Nicholas. You are my sire and that's all I see you as. I will never consider you a mate."

"Is that why you did it?"

Jamie stared at me confused and I shoved him across the room into the chair behind my desk and played the file I had set up for him. He let out a quiet gasp as he took in the scene of the night before and I knew he was seeing what I saw. The secret longing for a mate he would never have, the panic that filled his eyes when he nearly revealed the truth, the tears that clung to his eyelashes as he closed his eyes and  whispered my name like a mantra in a moment of desperation.

"Did you think I wouldn't figure it out? That you could keep longing for him and I'd never find know?"

Letting out a weary sigh, Jamie turned the computer off.

"What do you want from me Nicholas? I will never love you or accept you as my mate and you've already taken my pups from me and given them to the monster that raped and tortured me, what more do you want to take?"

"Everything. I want to take everything, Jamie."

I wrapped a hand around his neck, squeezing just enough to make him react.

"I want to control every breath you take and every beat of your heart. I want your soul and mind to be under my complete control."

"And if I give you what you want, will you leave Desmond alone?"

"The Omega? Of course not, I've already been promised a lot of money for him. The minute he turns thirteen, he's going to be mated to the Midnight Star Pack's Alpha."

"That's what I thought."

Pushing me away with surprising strength, Jamie rose from the chair and made his way out of the office before pausing and turning to face me.

"The minute you send him away is the minute you take away my only reason for living."

Without another word, he dissappeared down the hall and a murderous rage filled me.

Snatching up my phone, I angrily pressed the buttons of Dr. Wilhelm's phone number.

"Yes Alpha?  What are your orders?"

"That brat of yours_________."

"Yes?"

"I want him dead."