37

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

37

(Picture is Coral)

I wasn't going with them.

Blood or no blood, I was with the Simpsons and no one else.

I looked at my...family. Carlos and Diego, my half-brothers. Ario, my cousin. He looked like he felt sick, I know I did too.

"Come here," Pedro held his hand out to me. "Cupcake."

Before I could even utter a word, there were lights coming from behind us and the sound of voices and we all froze. The police. I'd forgotten they were still searching.

Eli was the first to move, running right at the Santiagos and hitting Diego in the ribs with his bat to get to Hayley, who got pushed and fell to the floor. Unable to grab Hayley fast enough, Carlos put a gun to the back of Eli's neck as he tried to pull his girlfriend to her feet. The Santiagos started running further down the alley way taking Eli with them by force.

Having no other direction to go in, we ran with the Santiagos, hoping the alley would lead us away from the police. Walter roared in anger and raced past me, going after Ario and hitting him in the back of the head so hard that Ario stumbled. Walter held onto him, pressing a weapon into his back and we kept running. I didn't know who was where in the panic and confusion of things, but I was aware that Landon was gripping my hand, making sure I didn't get left behind.

The Santiagos, knowing the area well, had already vanished down the various backstreets, leaving us behind. I was so relieved when I saw that Walter hadn't been kidding when he'd said they knew East side well. We had somehow doubled back on ourselves and were back in the area where the cars were parked, without the police tracing us.

Leaving no time to waste, we jumped into the cars and started driving at an inconspicuous pace out of East Side. My whole body was shaking uncontrollably and Landon looked back at me in concern.

"I know it's a stupid question Coral, but are you managing okay?" he asked me gently.

"I'm managing," is all I said.

Walter was in the back next to me, his arm around Ario's neck and a gun jabbing Ario's stomach. Ario was quiet, taking shallow breaths and looking out the window, trying to memorise where we were taking him.

"Here," Landon tossed an empty backpack at Walter. "Put it over his head."

Walter did so and I looked away, trying not to feel too much concern for Ario. They had probably treated Hayley the same way. Oh shit, Hayley. She had been left behind, probably in the hands of the authorities now. She was safe, hopefully being taken to the hospital. She was okay now, but this was far from over.