16

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

16

(Picture is Ario)

I stayed up in my bed almost the whole night just waiting for my door to be smashed in and for the Santiagos to abduct me. I thought so hard about how it would happen that I almost completely failed to realise that although Ario knew which block of flats I lived in, he didn't know my flat number. There were fifty flats in the building so they could have gone from door to door demanding for me, but it would take quite some time and they also didn't know my name. I'm sure I wasn't the only blonde haired girl living here and they must have known that too.

In the end I convinced myself that if the Santiagos were really coming for me, they wouldn't be coming tonight, and in the end I earned a couple hours of sleep.

***

I held Severn's washed and neatly folded jumper in my hands and took a few deep breaths to calm my racing heart. It wasn't a big deal, I tried to tell myself. All I had to do was hand it back and say thank you. If he ignored me, which was fine, I had done my part. School was over and it was a Monday which meant I had work soon so I couldn't do what I was doing now, which was called wasting time. I'd planned that on purpose, so I could just get it done and over with.

I took one last breath and started marching towards the three brothers who were sitting under a tree not far from the school gates. Other students streamed past me but I kept my eyes on the blond Simpson boys who were laughing and talking and covered in dry leaves.

"Hey," I said, my heart in my mouth when I finally reached them.

The triplets stopped talking and looked up at me silently.

"I just wanted to give you this back. Sorry I had it so long," I stumbled over my words and looked at the pavement as I handed Severn his jumper. "Thank you."

Severn took it from me and I risked a glance at him as he did so.

"Thank you," he smirked, dipping his head towards me.

I blinked in surprise, he didn't seem mad at all.

"We're...okay?" I asked, glancing at all three of them. "You're not mad at me?"

"More like you're not mad at us?" Giovanni grinned.

"Huh?" I couldn't help but grin back. "But you were being so...distant, like you didn't know me."

"That's only because you were doing the same to us," Gomez said with a confused smile.

I laughed, shaking my head at myself. "I thought you were pissed off."

"Well we're not," Severn said.

I wanted so bad to just sit down and talk to them, ask them about Walter and laugh at their jokes, but then all of this would have been for nothing. I would have hurt Walter for no reason at all if I was going to just keep interacting with his family like nothing had happened. Two weeks had passed, and like Hayley said, it would get easier.

"I have to go," I said to them all with an apologetic smile. "Work."

***