15

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

15

(Picture is Hayley)

I could barely sleep that night and the nightmares didn't help either. In my dreams he smelt so foul, so real, like I was truly back there in my past again. I woke up crying and gripping my pillow, wishing I had someone to comfort me. Ario came into my mind and I shook my head, I had to stay away from him just like I had to stay away from Walter. I had just liked how safe I had felt in his arms, that's all.

    I sighed and got out of bed to do my homework. I wanted to talk to Hayley and tell her about what Ario had said, but she was definitely asleep. In the morning I would call my manager, I had to.

I was up all night and as I waited for Hayley to pick me up I held my phone in my hand and considered calling and telling my manager that The Dartfish could be in danger. I was about to press call when Ario's words entered my mind. Telling someone could mean contacting the police and if there happened to be something like a shootout, then I'm sure people would get caught between it. Maybe he was right, calling would make it worse. Hayley's small red car pulled up in front of me and I put my phone away. I just hoped the Santiagos weren't planning anything crazy.

"You look tired," Hayley said when I got in. "Not feeling any better?"

"Not really," I replied.

Hayley sighed, "You should call in sick, there's no way you can go to school if you're feeling so bad."

"You think so?" I asked her, wishing she could stay with me so I wasn't alone again.

"Yeah," Hayley nodded. "I have a half say today so I'll come round your place around lunchtime."

"You will?" I raised my brows.

"Of course," she took my hand and squeezed it. "Just give me your address."

I nodded, trying not to think about how shameful my place was. Walter hadn't said anything negative that one time he'd been upstairs, so I was hoping Hayley wouldn't either. I gave her my address.

"I'll tell school office you're ill," Hayley assured me. "Eat something and sleep, I'll see you soon."

"Thanks," I said, leaning over and giving her a hug before exiting the car. "See you."

***

Hayley came round after 1pm with some ringed doughnuts and smoothies. She didn't say a word about how tiny my flat was, we simply went and sat down in the cramped living room.

"Here," she offered me the box. "Have some."

I took a sugared doughnut and took a bite, "Thanks."

"Don't thank me," Hayley pointed a finger at me. "That's what friends do."

I smiled and then looked down.

"How are things going?" Hayley asked softly and I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I haven't spoken to him at all," I replied. "I hadn't even seen him until last night when I was coming back from work. He was near my flat, but he didn't say anything to me, he just left."