Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I woke up an hour ago and I'm on my laptop with Ginger laying next to me. It's been a couple days since New Years Eve. We didn't do much as a group, we went to Lucas' house and played board games and watched the ball drop on TV. Even though I was born and raised in New York, I've never seen the ball drop in person. 

My phone starts ringing. I look down at my phone that's still attached to the charger. It's a phone call from Farkle. I answer it before putting the phone against my ear. "Yes, Farkle?"

"We're going out for breakfast."

I nod and then realize he can't see me, "Okay." I push the laptop away from me, "Are we going to try something new or Topanga's?"

He smiles, "We don't like new."

I smile, "Okay, Topanga's it is."

He laughs slightly, "Okay, I'll see you there then."

"Okay. Love you Farkle."

"Love you, Maya."

I smile and hang up. 

I showered and changed into my yoga pants and a black t-shirt under my jean jacket. I slip on my black boots and decide to leave my hair naturally wavy. I grab my purse and wallet before walking out of my bedroom. I see Shawn next to the couch, packing his bag. "Hey, you're going somewhere?"

He nods, "Paris for 3 days."

"And mom?"

"She doesn't want to come this time. It's fine though, I've already taken her to Paris."

I tease him, "I don't know why you never invite me."

He rolls his eyes playfully, "Maya."

I laugh slightly, "I'm only teasing." He grabs me into a hug and kisses the top of my head, "Have fun in Paris."

He nods, "I will. Good luck with your second semester of college."

I smile, "Thanks, I'm going to need it."

"You'll be fine."

I run my fingers through my hair. I had a feeling he would say something like that. He never lets me doubt myself, especially when it comes to my education and art. "Any more advice before I leave for college one more time."

He starts thinking about it before saying, "Actually yeah. I do have one more."

I nod, "Okay, hit me with it."

"Talk to Josh."

I sigh, "Shawn."

"I don't know why you won't let him in, even if it's just a friend. But I can guaranteed you that if you let him in, you'll have another happiness in your life. You deserve it. Don't do it for anyone but yourself though. Just think about it."

I sigh and nod, "Okay, I'll think about it."

He kisses my forehead one more time before walking out. I turn off all the lights in the apartment before locking the door behind me. I put in my headphones and start listening to music as I walk to the subway. 

I arrive at Topanga's. I see Farkle, Lucas, Riley, and Smackle at our usual spot which makes me smile. They smile when they see me. I hug each of them before sitting next to the empty seat next to Huckleberry. He turns to look at me, "I already ordered for you."

I smile, "Thanks Ranger Rick."

He rolls his eyes playfully but smiles. We all start talking as we wait for my mother. She gives us our breakfast, "Shawn left?"