Chapter Two

Chapter Two 

I wake up in my bed of my new dorm room. I hear typing coming from the bed next to me. I groan, "Smackle, please shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do, Maya!"

I groan and try to search for my phone. I hear Riley's voice, "Maya!"

I sit up straight, "What? What's going on?"

She runs her fingers through her hair, "You're late! Peaches, you can't be late for your first day of college!"

I grab my phone and check the time. I chuckle to myself, "Riles, I have plenty of time."

"You have thirty minutes before your first class."

I stand up from my bed, "That's enough time. I'm not you or Smackle, I can get ready in 30 minutes no problem."

Riley sighs and I walk past her and go to the bathroom.

After my shower, I change into my black and white flannel with red cropped tank top and black shorts. I decide to leave my hair naturally wavy.

Smackle calls after me, "Maya! We're leaving!"

I slip on my white converse, "Coming!" I grab my small bag and meet Riley and Smackle at the door, "I made it."

Riley says, "Barely."

I smile innocently at her and she couldn't help but smile. I follow Smackle and Riley out to campus. They were talking about how excited they were for their classes and I basically zoned out from the conversation and people watched.

My heart stops when I see a familiar tan guy. I've been dreading this moment and this is the reason why. I stop walking and just stare at him.

I didn't think it was possible for him to become more beautiful. I watch him smile as a blonde girl runs into his arms and kisses him. And just like my heart breaks and any hope of us getting anyway goes away, too.

Smackle and Riley stop walking and walk towards me before looking at what at Josh and his girlfriend. Riley turns to me and sighs, "Oh, Maya."

I keep looking at them, "You know it's like every time I see him, he breaks my heart in some way. Mostly without knowing."

Smackle looks at me, "But it still hurts whether it was intentional or not."

Riley nods, "She's right."

I smile slightly at Smackle, "You know Smack, you're getting way better at this emotion thing."

She smiles, "Well I'm surrounded with the best people who could teach me."

Riley and I smile at each other before smiling at Smackle. We wrap our arms around each other's shoulders before walking each other to class.

My first class of the day was Drawing 101. The first assignment for today was to introduce yourself with your drawings. Many of my art teachers in the past have told me that knowing who I am could help me evolve in mu Art career and they weren't wrong.

Most of the students were joking around and speaking but I completely ignored them and kept drawing what I was feeling.

I feel someone stand over me, "Wow." I look up and see Professor Anderson which makes me smile at how impressed she seemed.  "You have amazing talent, Maya Hart."

I smile humbly, "Thank you, sir."

"Mr.Jackson was right. I should keep an eye on you. You're going to do great things one day."