Chapter One

The gif is of Joshua Matthews ^^

Chapter One

I grab my last luggage from my bedroom. I stare at the room I grew up in. Ginger the Ferret runs across my feet and I grab her before she can get away from me. I run my fingers through her fur. I still remember the day she came from the hole in my floor.

I let her go before looking around my room one more time. I close the door behind me and sigh. I'm now starting the new chapter in my life.

I bring my luggage with me as I walk over to the kitchen where my mom Katy and Shawn were having breakfast at the table. I put my last luggage with my other ones.

I kiss the top of my mom's head before walking to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. "Shawn, are you taking me to Riley's?"

Shawn looks up from his laptop, "Do I have a choice?"

I smile sweetly at him, "Nope." 

He gives me a small smile, "Of course not." He gets up, "Let's go then."

He gives my mother a kiss before she turns to me and opens her arms, "I'm going to miss you baby girl." 

I smile as she kisses my cheek, "Mom, I'm not going so far away. It's just a couple blocks away."

"I know that. But it's going to be so strange to come home from work and not see you."

"But I want that for you."

She looks at me with confusion,"What do you mean?"

"I want you to stress less, mom." I smile at her, "Im so blessed because you always work so hard for her but I  want you to work less and travel with Shawn without worrying about feeding me." Her eyes start to tear up and I grab her into another hug, "Aw, mom, don't cry."

"It's just I always imagined you saying that, but I never thought it would actually happen."

I'm so blessed to have my mother around after my father left us. I regret being so problematic and never saying this to her. I was an out of control teenager and she got me through everything; her and Riley. "I love you."

She smiles through the tears, "I love you too, baby girl." She held my face, "Call me if anything, okay?"

I nod, "Of course."

She hugs me once more before I walk over to Shawn and help him with some of the bags.

My mom opened the door for us and once she closes it behind us, Shawn looks at me with a smile. I look at with confusion and a small smile, "What?"

His smile grows, "What you said in there."

I want him to keep talking so I smirk slightly, "What about it?"

He sighs and looks at me, "You're literally going to make me talk about feelings?"

We get to the car and I help him put in my luggages in the trunk. I playfully say, "Come on, we've been getting better at this whole talking about feelings thing."

He closes the trunk and looks at me, "You're right. What you said to Katy in there made me realize how much you've grown in the last couple of years. I'm just proud of you, kid."

I smile and hug him. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head. I look up at him while we're hugging, "We've been through a lot of shit but we made it."

He chuckles and high fives me, "We made it."

I laugh slightly before going to the passenger door and sitting in the seat. He started driving us to the Matthews' house.