Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Today Riley and I don't have any classes, so we decided to go to the mall. We're walking around with our arms hooked. "Maya."

I look up at her, "Yeah?"

"How you've been?"

I smile, "Riley, we see each other everyday."

She shrugs, "Yeah I know but you've been a bit distant when we're hanging out as a group."

I shrug, "I don't know, I guess I have a lot on my mind." 

"Well we're best friends, and you should talk to me about it."

I was saved by my phone ringing. I look down at my phone and see that it's a phone call from my mom. "It's my mom, I have to take this." She sighs and I walk away from her and walk towards a quiet spot. "Hey ma." 

"Hey, Maya." 

I run my fingers through my hair, "What's going on?"

"Shawn and I were wondering if you were still going to come home for the weekend?"

"Yeah, I'm going to be home in a couple of hours." 

She smiles, "Okay good. I love you, babygirl." 

"I love you too, ma."

We say our goodbyes before hanging up. I turn around and see Riley talking to Josh's girlfriend Sophia. I sigh , why does Riley have to be nice to everyone? Sometimes it's tiring to watch her. I walk over to the table where Riley and Sophia were sitting. 

I stand behind Riley and put my hands on her shoulders. Riley smiles and looks up at me, "Oh Maya!" She looks back at Sophia, "Sophia, this is my best friend Maya." 

Sophia smiles and stands up before hugging me, "Oh the famous Maya." 

I awkwardly hug her back, "What do you mean by the 'famous Maya'?"

She says, "Josh has talked about you. He really admires you."

That makes me smile, "Well, he talks about you as well." 

She smiles. Riley stands up and stays in between of us, "Sophia, Maya and I were going to check out some more stores, would you like to join us?"

Sophia nods, "If it's okay with you guys, then I'd love to join us."

Riley looks at me with pleadingly. We had an inner conversation where she was pleading for me to be nice. I say, "Of course it's okay with us."

She smiles and joins our shopping spree. 

Shopping with Riley and Sophia was the most awkward and stressful thing I've ever experienced. Sophia and Riley are literally the same person, just Sophia isn't as goofy as Riles. But it's so hard to hate Sophia because she's too damn nice and too much like Riley which really annoyed me. 

Right now, Sophia and Riley are looking for an outfit for me to try on. I see Noah sitting on the bench outside the store. Sophia was telling Riley, "I think this blue dress will look great with her eyes." 

Riley gasps excitedly, "You're so right!" She turns to me, "Peaches! You have to try on this dress." 

"I will Riles, but first I'm going to talk to my friend Noah real quick." 

Before she could comment on that, I walk out of the store and go from behind Noah. I cover his eyes with my hand and smirk, "Guess who?"

He smirks and takes my hands off his face and looks up at me, "Maya, what're you doing here?"