Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I'm with Noah in my dorm room. I'm laying on my bed while he's sitting on my computer chair. I'm just staring at him while he's reading his English out loud to me. He stops and looks at me for a while, "Maya, were you even listening?"

I giggle slightly, "Nope."

He rolls his eyes at me but smiles, "Come on, I really need you to tell me if it makes sense."

I lift my head up and lean my head against my hand, "You know what we should do?"

He puts his laptop aside, "What?"

I smile, "I think we should go get ice cream."

He looks at me, "Maya."

I sit up and look at him with puppy eyes, "Come on, Noah. You know you want to."

He sighs and puts his head back before looking at me, "Okay, fine. But once we're done eating ice cream, we're going to do homework again."

I smile and hold out my hand, "Okay, deal."

He smiles and holds my hand, "Deal."

I get up and grab my leather jacket that had a hood and put it over my white lace tank-top that I'm wearing with my high waisted black skinny jeans. I follow Noah out of my dorm room and I bump into Riley and Lucas. Lucas looks from me to Noah, "Uh what were you guys doing in there by yourselves and with the door closed?"

I'm amused by his reaction, "Huckleberry, relax. We were just doing homework."

He looks at me unconvinced, "Is homework a code word for something else."

I look at him like he's an idiot and Riley puts her hand on his arm, "Babe, how about we go into the room."

Lucas and I are glaring at each other. "Yeah Ranger Rick, how about you just go into the room?"

Lucas was going to say something but Riley cuts in and asks, "So where are you guys headed?"

Noah keeps looking at Lucas with suspicion, "Taking a homework break and going for ice cream." 

Riley smiles and nods, "Okay. You better take care of her."

He smiles, "I will."

I hug Riley before smiling at her. Lucas is still looking at me but I hook arms with Noah and we walk out of the dormitory. Noah looks down at me, "What was wrong with that kid? Did you guys used to have a thing or something?"

I roll my eyes, "It's a long story and one that I don't want to tell."

He looks down at me understanding where I'm coming from, "It's okay if you don't want to talk about." I smile up at him with appreciation and he kisses the top of my head. 

After ice cream, Noah's best friend Justin wanted to hang out with him so we didn't finish our homework after. I walk into the dorm room and I put down my leather jacket on my bed. Smackle was sleeping and Riley was sitting on the bed watching me. I look at her with confusion and she whispers, "Bay window."

I nod and I go to the bay window in the living area and she follows behind me. We get comfortable and she looks at me while holding my hand. "Peaches, I have something to ask you. And it's a question, I know you hate."

I sigh, "I knew this question was going to come up, just ask me it."

She looks at me, "Do you like Noah?"

I sigh, "See, I've been scared for this moment. Of you asking me that question just because I was nervous at the fact that maybe I do like him. But I realized something."

"What did you realize?"

I turn to her with realization all over my face, "That I like Noah the same way I like Farkle. Just a best friend who I love spending time with and who gets me."

She nods, "I've also realized that."

I sigh and put my head on her shoulder, "I don't get myself. I so want to be in like with Noah but instead I like people like-" I stop myself. 

Riley looks down at me knowingly, "Like my Uncle Josh."

I nod and pout. "I hate him."

Riley laughs with amusement, "No you don't."

I sigh, "I know." 

She runs her fingers through my hair with support. 

I'm laying in my bed with my yoga pants and my NYU hoodie. Smackle and Riley are both fast asleep. I've been trying for the past hour and all I've been doing is turning around in my bed. I finally decide to sit up and I slip on my converse and take my wavy hair out of the bun. I grab my phone and quietly walk out of our dorm room. 

I walk outside and it's dark and peaceful. I breathe in deeply and smile. I see Josh sitting on the bench by himself. I sit next to him and offer him a smile, "Couldn't sleep?"

He smiles down at me and nods, "Something like that."

I look at him, "Do you want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head slightly, "Nah, not at this moment."

I nod and start looking around me, "I get that." He sits back and looks up to the sky and I look up as well. "It's so beautiful. This inspires me to paint. I just want to show people shit like this. Some people aren't as lucky to see this beautiful sky." He was looking at me deeply and I turn to look at him with a small smile. "What?"

He smiles while still looking at me with that look in his eyes, "I just love when you talk like that."

I blush and smile while running my fingers through my hair. 

We stay up all night talking on that bench and he made me smile the whole time. We had genuine conversation about life and love. At one point, my head was on his lap while I'm looking at the sky trying to make a mental picture so I can paint this one day. The conversations I had with him made me realize that I will always have feelings for Joshua Matthews. 

---

Sorry I haven't posted as much. My senior year has started and I'm definitely really tired and stressed about school. Sorry I didn't write much, I just wanted to put something out there. 

Thanks for reading! 

Comment & Vote :)