Chapter Three

Chapter Three

It's been a couple of weeks since the party. I barely see Josh but when we see each other, we casually say hi.

I finished my class in Painting 101. The rest of my friends are taking tests or studying for one so I'm going to Topanga's by myself.

I walk in and put my bag down at my regular seat. I walk over to my mother who's talking to Shawn. I wrap my arm around Shawn's shoulder and he looks up and smiles, "Hey, Maya."

I smile, "Hey, Shawn. What're you doing here? I thought you were going to Boston."

"I was. But I missed your mother too much."

Katy smiles, "Aw, babe."

I roll my eyes, "Don't be gross guys."

My mother laughs before saying, "Regular?"

I nod and she goes to other customers. Shawn looks down at me, "What're you wearing?"

I look down at my white romper with a leather jacket over it. I run my fingers through my straightened hair. "Clothes?"

"Not enough."

I roll my eyes playfully before grabbing my lemonade. "I'm leaving now."

I start walking away and he turns in his seat to look at me, "I wasn't done talking to you."

I smirk slightly, "I was." I sit in my seat and put my drink on the table in front of me. I open up my math book and just stare at all the numbers and letters that were strangely combined. 

I hear a chuckle from above me and I look up to see a really cute guy. I smile, "What?"

"Just watching you trying to understand math is just really entertaining."

I laugh and he sits on the couch next to mine, "Glad to know my struggle is an entertainment for you."

He smiles and looks at me, "You know I can make your struggle nonexistent." 

I smirk and turn my body to face him, "Oh really? And how do you suppose you could possibly help little ol' me?"

He chuckles in amusement, "Well, I could tutor you."

I run my fingers through my hair, "Do you really want to put yourself through that?"

"I think I could handle it." 

I smile, "Then I'll be down for that."

He smiles and looks down at his hands before looking at me, "Good."

I smile, "I'm Maya by the way."

He sticks out his hand which I take as he says, "I'm Noah."

"Well nice to meet you." 

He smiles and says, "You too." He stands up and turns to me, "See you around, then?"

I smile and look up at him, "See you around." He smiles and walks out of Topanga's. I smile and turn my head and see Josh looking in my direction. When he sees me noticing him, he walks over to me. I smile, "Hey, how long have you been here?"

"A while actually." He sits next to me, "Were you just talking to Noah?"

I nod, "Yeah, you know him?"

He nods, "Yeah, I know him."

He's not looking at me but looking at the space in front of us. "Josh?"

He looks down at me, "What?"

I smirk, "What's wrong?"

He smiles slightly down at me, "Nothing's wrong. I'm good."