Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

After my Algebra 101 class, I texted the group about meeting at Topanga's before our next class because I need some comic relief after that stressful exam I just took. Obviously, they were supportive and agreed to meet up.

I run my fingers through my hair and walk into Topanga's and I sit next to Farkle. I put my head on his shoulder and sigh in frustration. He looks down at me, "So, it didn't go well?"

I sigh and cover my face, "I don't even know."

Lucas says, "I thought you were confident about this one, Shortstack."

I look up at him, "Huckleberry, you know when I'm confident about a test, the teacher decides to change everything and add those stupid fractions in there."

Riley smiles before saying, "Maya, I keep trying to explain to you that they're just parts of a number."

"I don't get it!"

They laugh and shake their heads. Zay smiles kindly at me before he uses a baby voice, "Would you want me to get you a lemonade?"

I nod excitedly and respond with a baby voice, "Yes, please."

He smiles and nods before getting up and walking over to my mother who was dealing with some customers.

They were making me laugh and more happy especially Smackle. Sometimes, she becomes the funniest . "Hey, Maya?"

I look up to see Josh and my group of friends look at where I'm looking. "Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

I look around me and they're all looking at me, ready to hear my answer. I smile awkwardly, "Sure."

He nods and I stand up and he starts walking outside of Topanga's. Once he's outside, I turn to Riley, Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle. I point at them as I say, "Don't be nosy."

Farkle chuckles, "She knows us so well."

Zay smiles, "Yeah." He turns to me, "We're still going to be nosy though."

I roll my eyes playfully and nod not expecting any differently, "Yeah, it was worth a try."

They laugh and I walk outside. Josh was sitting at the table outside and I sit across from him. I sit back in my chair, "What's this about, Boing?"

"It's about what happened at the carnival."

I sigh, "Josh-"

He cuts me off, "No, let me just say something first." I give up and just nod, "You were right about it not being fair that I'm with Sophia but I'm preventing you from being with Noah. I just wanted to apologize for ruining your date."

"Can I ask you something?"

He nods, "Of course."

"Why did you care so much?"

"When you were with Noah?"

I nod, "Yeah."

"Because even though I'm with Sophia, I will always care about you." He smirks slightly, "Long game, remember?"

I smile and blush, "Yeah, long game."

He smiles, "So no matter what happens now, one day we'll be with each other somehow."

I nod, "Yeah, that was our plan."

"But just like Zay said, you deserve to live your life now instead of thinking so much about the future. I owe that to you."

"You know what? I always wonder why I spend so much time on you and why I'm able to wait for you when you're such an idiot some times."

He smiles slightly, "You're not wrong about that one."

I laugh quietly, "But then you say shit like that and you make me smile and then I realize that maybe it's not the worst thing I've done."

He smiles, "I don't deserve you. Especially after all the dumb shit I've done."

I smile, "You're right." He laughs. I lean towards the table and smile at him, "Someday?"

He chuckles and grabs my hand over the table, "Someday."

I smile and we hold hands for a while before letting go. I run my fingers through my hair and smile at him before walking back into Topanga's. I sit back down next to Farkle and start sipping on my lemonade. They're all looking at me expectantly. I look at them with confusion, "What?"

Riley asks, "You're not going to explain what just happened out there?"

"Why? You guys heard the whole thing."

Riley pouts, "It's not the same. We just heard it from an outside perspective."

I smile, "I'll tell you later, babe."

She smiles excitedly which makes me smile.

I'm in my Painting 101 class. It's the last class for today and we're just working on a project. It's a project where we have to remake a famous painting. I was assigned The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh. 

The class was dismissed but I stayed back to clean my mess. Professor calls me, "Maya."

I turn my head, "Yeah?" I walk over to his desk.

"So I have great news."

I sit in the seat in front of his desk, "Ooo, great news."

He chuckles. "So, there's this art gallery that my friend works at. She told me about this opening for an internship and I couldn't think of a better student than you for the job."

I smile and suddenly get filled with hope, "Are you serious?"

He smiles, "Yes! I'll let you know the details tomorrow but you're definitely the student that I would choose for the opening."

I smile, "Thank you for thinking of me when she told you about the offer." 

"You don't need to thank me. You're an amazing artist and a hardworking student."

I walk into the boy's dorm room. I just had lunch with Josh and he was so excited for me which made me so happy. I know that Smackle and Riley are in there which is why Josh dropped me off here instead. I walk into the dorm room and see them talking while sitting and laying on the bed together. 

I smile, "Guys!" 

Farkle smiles at how happy I was, "What's going on?"

"I have an interview for an internship for the art gallery."

Riley gets up all excitedly, "Oh my Gosh! Peaches!" 

She jumps on me and hugs me which makes me laugh, "I know!" 

They all hug me and give me congratulations. I didn't think I would have a teacher who believed in me so much like my Professor has just because the only teacher who truly believed me was Mr. Matthews and surprisingly he hasn't shown up on this campus yet. 

-------

I'm sorry I haven't posted. My aunt passed away and then I started school so I didn't have time to post but now I'm planning on posting more.

Vote & Comment! 

Next Chapter : Josh and Maya catch up more