Chapter 28

Sakura gritted her teeth as she stared at her infuriating English teacher while he continued to rattle to the class. The idiotic guy didn't even glance at her the moment he entered the classroom. She felt stupid for wanting to see what his reaction would be when she finally resumed her classes. She felt like hurling the contents of her pencil case at him and hoped that some stationery would really stab him and make her point known.

She let out a long breath to cool herself. She has wasted enough time thinking about Syaoran and she wasn't about to let him ruin her day. Touya would be discharged in a few hours and that was what she looked forward to. She couldn't wait for English lessons to end!

A sharp knock on her table made her squeak and jump. Chuckles and giggles filled the classroom and Sakura felt warm heat creeping up her neck. She glared at the offender, who simply returned her favour with a wide grin of his own.

"It's unbecoming of you to daydream in class, muffin."

Sakura gasped in surprise at the daring use of endearment in school. There was no way that her classmates would miss hearing that. The murmurings started and she knew everyone within hearing distance heard it and those who didn't would get to know about it soon.

"Li-sensei, I did not daydream!"

"Sure, whatever you say. Please remember that you have a detention session with me after class," he said and walked away looking proud of himself.

"What?" Sakura whispered to herself in disbelief. A detention for spacing out for less than a minute? That was unheard of!

The girl sitting next to her let out a dreamy sigh. "A date with Li-sensei... How wonderful..."

"I'd gladly trade place with you," Sakura muttered under her breath and turned to glare daggers at Syaoran.

"I don't understand why you could dislike Sensei," the girl continued. "He's such a good-looking guy and he's funny too. Everyone in the class loves him!"

Sakura turned to look at the girl and had to curb the urge to roll her eyes. "Good luck in trying to earn a detention then."

"Oh I definitely will!"

"Kinomoto-san, one more day of detention for you. Stop trying to distract your classmates."

Sakura's jaws almost dropped to the ground at the absurdity of the situation. She couldn't believe she was handed another day of detention! She wasn't even shouting in class. When she trained her icy glare at Syaoran, he returned with a playful wink that had half the class swooning over him.

"Idiot."

If that was the way he was going to force her to be alone with him then so be it. She has something to tell him as well. Something important.

Lessons didn't end as fast as Sakura would have liked it. The last few minutes of countdown was pure torture, considering Syaoran keep shooting glances at her as though she would disappear in the next second. She took her own sweet time to pack her bag after the bell rang and waited patiently for the class to disperse. Syaoran was attacked by a flock of giggling girls and had a hard time holding them off. It was almost half an hour later when the classroom was finally empty, except for the both of them.

That was when Sakura's temper burst forth.

"Seriously? Detention?" Sakura screeched as she launched herself at Syaoran, beating the crap out of him. She got even angrier when Syaoran caught her fists easily as if she weren't even a danger to him.

"It was fun, wasn't it?"

With her hands captured by Syaoran, Sakura resorted to stomping on his feet to inflict bodily damage. He grunted and released her immediately.