Chapter 14

They ate a simple breakfast consisting of bread and coffee since Syaoran had slept in. He was tired after the long hours at the cosplay cafe and Sakura's heart went out to him. He was so sweet to stand-in for her and even got his friend to come over to look after her. Her mood soured at the thought of her ill-mannered friend. How did the two of them become friends? Syaoran was kind and polite while his friend, Eriol, was the total opposite of him.

"Hiiragizawa-kun is your friend? Truly?" Sakura blurted out the question that plagued her. "And you told him to come?"

Syaoran nodded his head. "He's one of my closest friends and yes, I thought you needed some help at home since you are not feeling well."

"Oh... Um... Thank you," Sakura said and felt a little overwhelmed by Syaoran’s considerateness. He even sacrificed his weekend just to help her. "I hope Junko-san wasn't angry with our arrangement."

"No one could be angry with me." His chest puffed out with pride as he replied. "I'm just that good."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really. What? You don't believe me?"

"Well... I do find it hard to imagine when all you do in school is to act like a grinning idiot everytime," she retorted.

"Ouch, that hurts," he winced. "Well, being an idiot is my profession if it makes people happy."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "What nonsense is that? Has working at the cosplay cafe addled your brain? Perhaps they forced you to wear my maid uniform?"

"Oh, kinky," he said and grinned at her knowingly. "I didn't know you were into that. Well, if you insist that I wear it, I'll probably wear it at home for you. Ah... Imagine me in your sexy maid uniform and strutting around in my own house..."

Sakura shuddered at the mental image he had placed in her mind. "Eww... Stop that! You're ruining my appetite."

"How about you wear it at home instead? After all, I burnt my weekend for you and that could be my compensation."

"Heavens, no!" Sakura protested immediately. "That's embarrassing! It was difficult enough to wear it at work. There's no way I'm going to wear that at home too!"

"Aww... I'm the only one who's going to see it!" he whined. "Don't I get any reward for helping you?"

"I didn't ask for your help," she reminded him.

"But I helped you anyway so I want a reward," he insisted.

"Should a teacher be behaving this way? This is unseemly!"

"Well, this teacher is different from others. Unique. One of a kind. Can we talk about my reward now?"

Sakura shook her head.

"Aww... That's too bad then..." he drawled out and glanced at his watch. "Time for us to go, muffin."

Sakura sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me muffin? I'm not some kind of food."

Syaoran got up from the table and walked towards Sakura, pausing right beside her. Her bread froze midway to her mouth as she stared up at him inquiringly. "What? You can go on first. I'll make sure I reach school on time."

Not to bothering to reply her, Syaoran swooped down and pressed a lingering kiss on her cheek almost near her lips. She went shocked still and he chuckled at her before leaving for school. Darn the man who could make her react this way.

This was getting dangerous. She never knew falling in love with her teacher would be so dangerous but she couldn't help it.

She knew she was already way too deep in trouble.