Chapter 10

The first day of work went on pretty smoothly for Sakura, thanks to the guidance of her female colleagues. There were so many customers in the café that made rest impossible and the staff were seen scurrying about to fulfill their customers’ orders. Sakura was glad to take on the job as it kept her mind off the harsh reality. The downside of her job was her super short dress and it made it difficult for her to retrieve things that fell to the floor. If she bent down just a little, her rear would be exposed. Many male customers seemed to know about this fact and purposely dropped their cutlery in hopes that Sakura would pick it up. She was really grateful for her colleagues for coming to her rescue every time this happened. It was no wonder the previous girl chose to quit this job.

“You have done well, Kinomoto-san. Keep it up,” Junko praised her before she left the café. She was tired after the almost twelve hours shift because another colleague wasn’t able to turn up for work and she had to cover. Otherwise, it was only a six-hour job. However, she did not mind the additional hours as long as she got paid doing it.

“Thank you, Junko-san. Have a safe trip home.” Sakura bowed respectfully to her boss before taking off back to Syaoran’s home with a smile on her face. It was one delightful day to be able to meet so many people. She took a few steps on the pavement and came to a stop, staring warily at a lone rider atop a big and expensive looking motorcycle. The rider had a helmet on so she couldn’t see who it was but it unnerved her that the rider seemed to be staring at her.

Imagine her surprise when the rider beckoned her forward. Sakura froze, looking around her to see if he was gesturing to someone behind her. When she turned her head to look at the little human traffic, no one was paying attention to him. Sakura pointed to herself with a confused expression on her face. Do I know anyone who rides a motorcycle? The rider nodded his head and when Sakura did not move an inch, he flung his visor back so that she could see who he was.

“Sensei!” Sakura called out in surprise and hushed immediately when he put a finger to his lips. She hurried towards him. “What are you doing here?”

“What do you think?” he asked, and took in what she was wearing. Sakura flushed, glad that she wasn’t allowed to wear her uniform out of the café. She was just in her jeans and plain tee at the moment. Syaoran seemed to nod his head in approval at her attire. “Climb on.”

“What?” She was cut off by Syaoran who forced a helmet on her head and he was helping her to buckle up. “Li-sensei! What are you doing?”

He patted the seat behind him. “Fetching you home?”

“I can go home on my own.”

Syaoran sighed. “It’s late and there’s hardly anyone around. Will you just get on?”

Sakura’s heart skipped a beat. Was he worried about her safety that he went all the way here to escort her home? She could help but smile at the thought. Who knew Syaoran would be so sweet. The girl of his choice would no doubt be totally pampered and Sakura was suddenly envious of the lucky girl. Wait… Am I supposed to be sitting behind him?

“Li… Li-sensei…? I don’t think this is appropriate… you know… sitting that close behind you.” She shook her head at the thought of embracing him from behind and couldn’t help a rosy blush on her cheeks. She took a step backwards. “I can’t.”

“Why not?” he asked. “Don’t tell me you are shy.”

The blush intensified and she could feel her cheeks heating up. Sakura thanked the helmet for obscuring Syaoran’s gaze or he would sure notice the redness immediately and started teasing her mercilessly. His eyes twinkled. “You are shy!” he chuckled. “Muffin… My dearest muffin…”