Chapter 2

This was the craziest thing that she had come across. Was her teacher for real? Before she knew it, she was standing in front of her teacher’s house. It was a massive double storey house. Sakura suddenly wondered if he had gotten this place from his teacher’s salary. Did a teacher earn that much? At least he won’t have to sleep on the streets.

He was waiting for her by the gate, holding it open like a gentleman so that she could pass through before locking it to prevent unwanted strangers from loitering within the premises. Goodness! He also has a pretty lawn! Did she spy a swing over on the left side of the lawn?

“Welcome to my humble abode,” he grinned and showed her into the house. They stepped into the dark house and Sakura waited for Syaoran to hit the switches for the lights. She was momentarily blinded when they came on. She was frozen to the spot by the sight that greeted her—the house was spacious and looked really comfortable. The living room was visible from the door and Sakura was awestruck by the humongous flat television screen mounted onto the wall. She didn’t have the luxury of watching television for a long time! Those sofas of his were real masterpieces. It looked as if they were tailor-made by the looks of the fanciful designs on the leather. Sakura bet it would be really comfortable to sleep on it!

“Your house is awesome!” Sakura gasped, still looking around.

“And you only saw my living room. Wait till you check out my kitchen and my room,” Syaoran said with a smirk.

Sakura turned her wide eyes to his and shrank back. His room? He wanted to show her his room? “I don’t think the last thing is necessary.”

Syaoran chuckled. “I’m just showing you. It’s not as if I’m going to pounce on you or anything. You are still underage right? Though the idea sounds dangerous and exciting, I’m going to pass for that.”

Sakura’s brow crinkled at Syaoran’s bluntness. She was suddenly disgusted by what he had said. “Ew. Stop being so crude. Just… stop talking to me.”

“Are you shy?” Syaoran asked suddenly, throwing Sakura into a panic. Twin heat bloomed on her cheeks at the question. “You are, aren’t you? And I bet you haven’t been to a bachelor’s house before.”

“Wha-What has it got to do with you?”

“Nothing much.” Syaoran shrugged. “But it’s pretty interesting to see you blush like mad. I think I’ve just found a new hobby.”

Hobby? Syaoran was making it difficult for her to follow his conversation. One moment he was talking about being under aged, then he was talking about being shy and before she knew it, he had reached the topic of hobby. Was he just newly released from the lunatic hospital or something? Why was it so difficult for Sakura to follow his conversation?

“I’m just staying for the night,” Sakura interrupted his one-sided conversation. “I don’t want to sleep in public places—I hate that. I’ll be leaving the first thing tomorrow to look for new place to stay and to find a new job. I hope I won’t be a bother to you tonight. I think I’ll take the sofa.”

“Take the sofa?” Syaoran sputtered. “Whatever for?”

Sakura rolled her eyes. “To sleep of course! What else do you think I’ll use it for? Sell it for cash? Actually that is a good idea! I believe this fanciful sofa will fetch me lots of money.”

“Hey!” Syaoran protested and pushed Sakura away from his beloved sofa. “There’s no way this baby is leaving my house so you can forget about that.”

Sakura eyed the sofa and sighed. “I was just joking, Li-sensei. Surely you can handle a little joke?”

Syaoran straightened from hugging his sofa. “Of course! I’m made of tough material,” he said and patted his chest, earning him a chuckle from Sakura.