t h i r t y

edited

"fucking hell, brendon, what did you do?" ashley yelled at him from the walls behind the interrogation room. they let them all go in, joshua was skipping school today anyways so he had to drive from god knows where to get to the station. melanie, ashley, and tyler were all in the waiting room for two hours before they said they could go in.

"i didn't do anything! i was just making a deal with quinn and he bolted on me then the fucking cops came! what a mother fucking dickhead!" brendon yelled at the top of his lungs, making tyler flinch and the other just get madder.

"well you had to have done something illegal!"

"i didn't do anything!"

"are you holding?" joshua asked.

no matter how much it seemed like brendon was covering up for something, he actually had no idea why he was there.

until just right then.

"aw, fuck," brendon said, calming down and plopping into the hard metal chair that was provided along with hand cuffs and a table.

"did you happen to hit an officer?" melanie asked.

"no," brendon said quickly and hesitantly.

"so you are lying to us," ashley said, "don't you remember that officer you sent out there with a bloody fucking nose?"

"well yeah, but he was creepy and his breath smelled and he was getting all up in my face and-"

that's when tyler slapped him.

yes, tyler robert joseph just slapped another human being.

"g-get ahold of yourself!" he said, taking everybody in the room by surprise, "y-you're g-gonna go to j-jail! y-you were holding and y-you punched a-an officer!"

"don't you think i know that, tyler?" he said loudly at the boy, making him huff and leave the room.

ashley followed the boy out, leaving joshua and melanie to deal with brendon. "where are you going?" she said as she noticed tyler walking to ashley's car. he had the keys the entire time because ashley asked him to hold then when she was at the front desk, and he just never gave them back.

"i'm g-going back to school. i didn't come h-here to get y-yelled at!" he said.

"wait!" ashley said, tyler watching her run back inside and come back out with joshua's wrist in her grip. "go with him if you're going somewhere."

"why?" tyler said, joshua looking downright confused.

"why are you leaving?" joshua asked. they both ignored his question.

"because you need guidence, and me and melanie are handling brendon. josh isn't doing anything and i don't trust you by yourself. two plus two, tyler."

"n-no."

"yes," joshua said, getting into the drivers seat, getting what ashley meant and making tyler groan.

tyler huffed and looked around, instantly freezing as he saw something.

something familiar.

something that made him change his mind completely.

"o-okay josh, let's go," he said, tossing the keys and quickly getting in the passenger's seat.

"what?" joshua questioned.

"just g-go!" tyler yelled louder than what he thought he was capable of, startling joshua making him instantly speed off.

tyler looked in the review mirror and sighed.

"what the fuck was that?" he asked when they were on the road.

"my mom's c-car."