s e v e n

edited

"what are you doing now, brendon?" ashley asked brendon, taking another drag on the handmade cigarette. the only difference of this time compared to the last as that they were all in brendon's backyard. his family was out and brendon had told them that he was having a group project.

"i'm texting tyler," he said, josh's ears perking up at the name.

"what are you guys talking about?" ashley slurred, from being drunk and high at the same time. you can basically hear the headache she would have the next day. but she didn't really think about that now. right now, her head was in brendon's lap playfully, forcing brendon to get second hand high from the smoke she blew out from her mouth.

"nothing," brendon said, nonchalantly, trying his best to hide the phone screen from josh and micheal's, his cousin who josh had brought with him's, view.

josh and michael did everything together no matter what. they were both on the football team, both had their hair dyed red, and both got high at the same times.

unless michael was hanging out with his weird friends that josh didn't really enjoy, then he was always with him.

bebbourine: what do u like about josh so much? he isn't exactly a catch u know.

tyjo: i don't know, honestly. i've never really liked someone before so i don't know if i do or not. i told melanie and she said i did, but i'm not sure.

bebbourine: well, whatevr mel says, i say sarcastically.

tyler put his phone under his pillow as he heard his mother's feet running up the stairs. he had bought the phone himself, paying the bill with the money he gets at his job and a small account he's been saving money in, and he's almost out of it anyways and his parents forgot about it.

if they knew he had a phone they would kill him. he didn't know how the hell he survived with only a small and old samsung, but he is.

he picked up his pencil and sat back, trying to look like he was working on homework or something.

"tyler, you've gotta girl outside for you. what did i tell you about dating?" tyler looked up and blushed, knowing full well that the only girl outside for him would only be melanie.

"i-i'm not d-dating anyone, momma."

"then who is she?"

"s-she's a f-friend. o-only a f-friend."

"fine. be back by dark and remember not to get into trouble."

"o-okay," tyler replied. "l-love you, m-momma."

there was no response and he only heard a slam of the door a couple rooms down.